Werdum fights beautifully

Outclassed a non-striker and the guy was barley throwing power punches. Just surprised with this fight, you praise his striking... out of all his fights where he did much better with standup... you bring it up on this one. Werdum looked horrible; arms down, lunging forward (like to Stipe) just very sloppy striking.
I was actually surprised by how below average he looked in striking in this fight. The way Tybura came out, I thought, yeah, Werdum is gonna knock him out. I remember being really impressed by his standup against Cain, Browne, Hunt etc... but in this fight, like his knowledge of striking completely went out the window, or he aged overnight. He just didn't look good and I truly believe he would've been knocked out if he fought anyone else that night.
I don't think he has horrible striking... but for people to make a thread because of this fight, saying 'Werdum fights beautifully" just confuses me... out of all fights, this is not the one to make to prove a point.
A non-striker outclassed another non-striker, it's not like Werdum main game is striking. And yes Tybura was throwing a lot of power punches and high kicks at first 2 rounds. Arms down after 3 rounds when both are tired isn't a big deal, their arms are too heavy to really do any real damage without connecting 100% clean, also Werdum trust in his chin. And no, it's not because of that fight, it's because of all of them, this was just another proof of how world class his striking is.

Tybura never got stopped, almost 20 MMA fights as heavyweight. This is something that even Mark Hunt can't say, his chin is probably the best right now at MMA. The fact that he can go full 5 rounds with a tough guy like Tybura and keep his pace is impressive, he's 40, where's Fedor at his 40 years? Being KO'd by Meathead, who is worse than Tybura.

Hes my favorite HW to watch of all time. He is so complete. No other HW is throwing crazy spinning capoeira kicks with beautiful technique. He throws everything and can fight anywhere. I especially love his thai plum. The dexterity of his legs from his bjj translates perfectly for his knees. And hes a showman.

Yeah, when he brings his A game it's a pleasure to watch. Completely fucked up in the Stipe fight, but I think he will get another shot soon enough.

A non-striker outclassed another non-striker, it's not like Werdum main game is striking. And yes Tybura was throwing a lot of power punches and high kicks at first 2 rounds. Arms down after 3 rounds when both are tired isn't a big deal, their arms are too heavy to really do any real damage without connecting 100% clean, also Werdum trust in his chin. And no, it's not because of that fight, it's because of all of them, this was just another proof of how world class his striking is.

Tybura never got stopped, almost 20 MMA fights as heavyweight. This is something that even Mark Hunt can't say, his chin is probably the best right now at MMA. The fact that he can go full 5 rounds with a tough guy like Tybura and keep his pace is impressive, he's 40, where's Fedor at his 40 years? Being KO'd by Meathead, who is worse than Tybura.

Werdum's main game is not striking, but Werdum knows a lot more about striking than Tybura, lmao. Dude, he's a blackbelt (prajied? says belt on wiki and youtube..) in muay thai... Tybura is not even close. How can you say they're both nonstrikers... yeah, earlier on in Werdum's career, but now? No. He pretty much does it all now.
This fight was terrible, yet you keep acting like it was amazing showcasing his striking in it.

He's never been stopped in a fight, that even Mark Hunt can't say? Mark Hunt was fighting in K1 and has fought much better opponents than Tybura, hahahaha. Wtf.
He's also 32... Mark Hunt has taken SO much damage and is now 43. Mark Hunt's career is essentially over. Tybura still has a lot left... so can't really bring in their chin and that he's never been stopped, haha. Also, quality of opponents...

We'll just agree to disagree, but this is just silly and you haven't really proven anything.

Werdum's main game is not striking, but Werdum knows a lot more about striking than Tybura, lmao. Dude, he's a blackbelt (prajied? says belt on wiki and youtube..) in muay thai... Tybura is not even close. How can you say they're both nonstrikers... yeah, earlier on in Werdum's career, but now? No. He pretty much does it all now.
This fight was terrible, yet you keep acting like it was amazing showcasing his striking in it.

He's never been stopped in a fight, that even Mark Hunt can't say? Mark Hunt was fighting in K1 and has fought much better opponents than Tybura, hahahaha. Wtf.
He's also 32... Mark Hunt has taken SO much damage and is now 43. Mark Hunt's career is essentially over. Tybura still has a lot left... so can't really bring in their chin and that he's never been stopped, haha. Also, quality of opponents...

We'll just agree to disagree, but this is just silly and you haven't really proven anything.
Dude Werdum is a grappler, that's not even debatable lol He came from BJJ and his best department is grappling, that's exactly why people don't wanna to go to the ground with him (Overeem and Cain for examples). Of course he does everything right now, so does Tybura, but they are 2 grapplers, that's what they usually tries, to take people down and submit them. I liked the fight and i found Werdum striking pretty good, specially in early rounds. If you not ok then.

And i'm talking about MMA-only, Tybura survived against the guy that Hunt couldn't. Now about the age you are probably right, maybe 32 years Hunt wouldn't be KO, probably he wouldn't tbh, but if you paid attention to my post i said clearly "best chin RIGHT NOW", prime Hunt chin is a different talk.

Dude Werdum is a grappler, that's not even debatable lol He came from BJJ and his best department is grappling, that's exactly why people don't wanna to go to the ground with him (Overeem and Cain for examples). Of course he does everything right now, so does Tybura, but they are 2 grapplers, that's what they usually tries, to take people down and submit them. I liked the fight and i found Werdum striking pretty good, specially in early rounds. If you not ok then.

And i'm talking about MMA-only, Tybura survived against the guy that Hunt couldn't. Now about the age you are probably right, maybe 32 years Hunt wouldn't be KO, probably he wouldn't tbh, but if you paid attention to my post i said clearly "best chin RIGHT NOW", prime Hunt chin is a different talk.

But Tybura isn't even on the same level as Werdum in striking... It just wasn't a good performance by Werdum and him outstriking wasn't anything special against a guy like him.
Yes, but chin RIGHT NOW, there is no point comparing it... why I brought up Hunt's kickboxing career, is because of all the damage he's taken.. he obviously can't take hits like he use to... that's why I brought it up. Comparing them both now, if Tybura was 43 and fought in K1 and the opponents Mark Hunt had, he most likely would be stopped by strikes haha.

Anyway, cheers for the debate or w/e :) we aren't gonna agree, but I look forward to the next Werdum fight and hope he looks a lot better, like his other fights.

Have a good one :)

Back