went to my first bjj class tonight

triggertap79

Green Belt
Reaction score
It was fun. I have been contemplating it for awhile now and I finally went. I was nervous at first but once we started rolling I got more relaxed. I never dreamed how much cardio is a factor in bjj. I thought I was in good shape but I guess I'm not in grappling shape. I can see how addictive it is because I already want to get better. Just wanted to share my experience, can't wait until the next class!

Be careful once Jiu -jitsu gets in your blood you can't shake the addiction.........

you might be in good shape going in i was when i started (played sports and lifted weights all my life) but in bjj you use a lot of muscles you probably never have before thats why its so tiring at first but you do get used to it in a month you'll see a very big difference

and if you think its addictive now wait till after your first tournament ... to me it was by far the biggest adrenaline rush i've ever had at that point (now its mma) and after i got my ass kicked by some a guy that was seriously sandbagging (he did judo for over 2 years while i had under 3 months of bjj training) all i wanted was to get better so i could kick ass next time hell i stopped hanging out with my girlfriend following the tournament for like two weeks cause i wanted to train more

triggertap79 said:
It was fun. I have been contemplating it for awhile now and I finally went. I was nervous at first but once we started rolling I got more relaxed. I never dreamed how much cardio is a factor in bjj. I thought I was in good shape but I guess I'm not in grappling shape. I can see how addictive it is because I already want to get better. Just wanted to share my experience, can't wait until the next class!

Congrats bro! Glad you found it addicting just like I did. I was also nervous my first class. damn I miss it :mad: Im going back next week. I cant wait

i dun think its all cardio its a different kind of exercise anerobic maybe??? dunno for sure but you could be lance armstrong but when u get on that mat its an experiance like no other.

2om30 said:
Be careful once Jiu -jitsu gets in your blood you can't shake the addiction.........
he's right, i yelled at my mom to drive faster because i was 4 minutes late....i feel bad.
-Jon

Welcome to the heavenly affliction good luck in the quest to satisfy your newfound addiction..

Ha.. I completely stopped going out with my ex g/f to train, started rarely ever seeing her, made constant comments about MMA being the most important thing in my life.

Now I'm alone, haven't got laid in about a week and do nothing but train 5pm-10pm.. But I sure as hell bet I'd tap all you mofos out. >;D

FiendishOne said:
Welcome to the heavenly affliction good luck in the quest to satisfy your newfound addiction..

Ha.. I completely stopped going out with my ex g/f to train, started rarely ever seeing her, made constant comments about MMA being the most important thing in my life.

Now I'm alone, haven't got laid in about a week and do nothing but train 5pm-10pm.. But I sure as hell bet I'd tap all you mofos out. >;D

ill like to take that pepsi challenge, by the way your girl says hi.

Back