Well the police state is officially here, Arkansas to harass citizens out walking

Thats funny. The city a mile from me is a thousand times more violent. I cant even imagine them doing that here. Pretty sure a lot of cops would get hurt confronting gang members. Or theyd need to use the military

Serves them right for pronouncing it funny. I know Kansas has the Westboro Fucksticks Church but you don't see them pronouncing it Kansaw.

Serves them right for pronouncing it funny. I know Kansas has the Westboro Fucksticks Church but you don't see them pronouncing it Kansaw.

Ha!

Hope it stays in Arkansas. A police presence of that magnitude could lead to rioting and anti-police violence. Would be very counter-intuitive.

Sounds like a war on fitness to me. I bet they won't stop people on those stupid moped things.

It seems like the police have given up trying to actually find a criminal. And are just targeting everyone with the logic that eventually they will find a criminal of some kind. Cause if your out at night you must be a criminal.
Based on their crime stats I'd say the city needs better cops not the same cops just more heavily armed and given carte blanche to harass anyone they see.
This does not bode well.

You have the right to remain silent. You don't have to answer any questions and you shouldn't.

Why you should never talk to the police:

Arresting someone for refusing to answer questions is blatently unconstitutional. Sounds like a trial balloon. If people stand for it, expect the practice to expand and to get asked for your papers everywhere you go and everything you do.

This cop is so fucking backwards:

"They may not be doing anything but walking their dog," he said. "But they're going to have to prove it."
Normally, police would not stop individuals for simply walking on the street, but Stovall said the level of crime in certain areas and concerns from residents gave his officers the right to institute the actions announced at the town hall event.

"This fear is what's given us the reason to do this. Once I have stats and people saying they're scared, we can do this," he said. "It allows us to do what we're fixing to do."

Stovall further elaborated on the stop-and-ID policy Friday morning, claiming the city's crime statistics alone met the threshold of reasonable suspicion required to lawfully accost a citizen.

"To ask you for your ID, I have to have a reason," he said. "Well, I've got statistical reasons that say I've got a lot of crime right now, which gives me probable cause to ask what you're doing out. Then when I add that people are scared...then that gives us even more [reason] to ask why are you here and what are you doing in this area."

The district attorney needs to talk to that idiot.

Back