• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"We'll skip Jon Jones and fight Stipe Miocic for the heavyweight belt" - Israel's head coach

Where all the “defend or vacate” dudes at that flood every Khabib thread?

Too bad they're not serious. I'd love to see Stipe knock him the fuck out.

Man, i sure hope Costa gets the job done.

Ugh. Why do new champs immediately forego the opportunity to be a dominant, longtime champ in their own class. I'm over this wave of champs looking to move around right away. Let's see some interesting matchups at MW, see if Adesanya can defend for a few years.
I do believe it is because they don't trust themselves to get many title defenses so they try to get the most out of being the champ by chasing money fights so they can get paid more and get more popularity. I don't blame them, doing what GSP, Silva and Jones have done is damn near impossible.

The coach is obviously mocking Jon Jones for not moving to heavyweight, are yall that dense...

probably just to keep the train moving, only reason I can think of why this is in the media. just like when Conor calls out Anderson.

I like it. Old school “anytime, anywhere” fighter. Or at least he’s acting like it.
To be fair.. Adesanya fought Heavyweights in kickboxing.

Is would not be crazy for him to fight a striker at HW. Except for Ngannou lol.

Seriously....sometimes you just can't win here on Sherdog. If you don't offer to go up and fight you are called a coward. If you do offer to go up and fight you are called crazy and delusional and told to stay in your lane.

I personally like that this guy is willing to move to HW. I think ultimately it's just a dig at Jones of course but if he's really willing to step up then I applaud him.

Maaaaan they want that Jon Jones fight so bad it's unbelievable lol

Lol guys hes just trying to make Jon mad

Lmao an undersized middleweight with 0 grappling background wants to take on the heavyweight champ? Adesanya and his coach are so god damn delusional. Jones and the entire heavyweight division would wipe the floor with Genderbender. Hell even Usman could probably decision him. Stay in your lane.

Adesanya's coach is trolling Jon Jones and it obviously went right over your head.

However, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that just last week, you were telling everyone who would listen how Bob Whittaker was just going to absolutely destroy Adesanya.

EDIT: Yep. I was right :

Wonder where you all are going to hide after bobby knuckles knocks him (Adesanya) the fuck out...

You don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to analyzing/predicting fights. Whittaker vs Adesanya was an easy pic for Israel and anyone with even a casual understanding of combat sports would've understood that Bob struggles against technical strikers.

Last edited:
jones has bigger reach then almost all hw. however he wouldnt have such advantage

Um....No.

He's not going to do that, nor is he planning on doing that.

His coach simply went full retard in this interview and should probably refrain from talking to the media anymore.

Seriously....sometimes you just can't win here on Sherdog. If you don't offer to go up and fight you are called a coward. If you do offer to go up and fight you are called crazy and delusional and told to stay in your lane.

I personally like that this guy is willing to move to HW. I think ultimately it's just a dig at Jones of course but if he's really willing to step up then I applaud him.
Ah man, come on. IF he goes up and fight Stipe, he deserves a word. For now, it is just a nonsense blah blah blah. Or do you really believe that, you naive? Doesn't make any sense.

To be fair.. Adesanya fought Heavyweights in kickboxing.

Is would not be crazy for him to fight a striker at HW. Except for Ngannou lol.

He fought fat, slow unathletic HWs.

That guy was so slow, he makes Mar khunt look like Lomachenko.

HW Kickboxers makes HW MMA athletes look like legit once in a Million athletes.

big difference.

Adensaya wants just to get more popular, thats why he wants to """fight""" Stipe.

How to get more Attention 101

Back