Weird title fight.

ralphus1

It's hard to be a saint in the city
@Gold
Reaction score
I guess I'm impressed that Pitbull overcame the eyepokes and being dominated in the standup. Strauss could have possibly finished it after the knockdown....going for the double-leg when Pitbull was wobbly on the feet was a major mistake.

Just a strange fight, lots of interruptions with some good action in between.

I guess I'm impressed that Pitbull overcame the eyepokes and being dominated in the standup. Strauss could have possibly finished it after the knockdown....going for the double-leg when Pitbull was wobbly on the feet was a major mistake.

Just a strange fight, lots of interruptions with some good action in between.

yeah there's a lot of fighters that can capitalize on beating them on feet and finishing on ground (Cerrone, Pettis have a lot of subs, but they were setup by rocking their opponents on feet)....Maybe this fight and Diego are examples of when not to do it :p

Straus doesn't have killer instinct that tells you to go for broke when the opponent is hurt. Also he kept messing with ground game of Freire despite being reversed multiple times. Just a not a great "fight IQ".

Straus doesn't have killer instinct that tells you to go for broke when the opponent is hurt. Also he kept messing with ground game of Freire despite being reversed multiple times. Just a not a great "fight IQ".

I agree, why does he start grappling battles with Patrico who is a grappler? Very foolish.

He's literally choked twice on title fights. I can't help but feel that cup shot was a bit of a momentum shifter, though I have no idea what he was thinking with that kimura attempt.

Fight IQ was HUGE in this fight - Strauss was clearly the better fighter but needed to stop spamming takedowns that he wasn't getting and weren't helping him.

Maybe he though the would tire Pitbull out with his scrambles but he never should have gone for a kimura, should've played strict defense from the bottom.

Back