Weird pain from boxing

Jubacat

Rope Belt
Reaction score
I am not asking about any diagnosis or cure

I am wondering if anyone else has ever run into this before and if there is anything I can do to avoid it in the future.

The day after boxing class, I awoke with the worst pain. It is directly under my right shoulder blade. The pain was so bad I couldn't take a deep breath.

I think it is muscle related issue because my wife gave me an hour long back massage and I can at least breath today. (it still hurts)

Has anyone else ever run into this before?

Edit: I tend to only get this pain (sometimes) when I box. It has just never been this bad.

It could be one of your muscles over compensating for muscles that should be working harder that aren't developed yet. Most likely ab muscles. That's why you only get the pain when you perform particular motions in boxing.

Kinda like kicking pain, you only feel it when you go for those kicks that made you hurt in the first place. Try finding out what motion or punch is causing the pain and your trainer could probably tell you what you did to yourself. Well, that's my best guess. It does sound like a muscles strain or pull though.

pulled muscle dude from throwing punchs.

It might be.

When I box I don't normally get this issue.

Just want to make sure there wasn't something simple I was missing.

(Granted ya'll only have a few details to make an assumption)

this wont be the last weird pain you get as you continue boxing :)

I'm pretty sure I have experienced the same thing before. I think it is just a wierd muscle that you haven't used before. It feels like its your lung or something internal but your lungs are just irritating it when you breath. Just give it a while to recover and it shouldnt happen again.

Does this sound right? or am I completely off? lol

I'm pretty sure I have experienced the same thing before. I think it is just a wierd muscle that you haven't used before. It feels like its your lung or something internal but your lungs are just irritating it when you breath. Just give it a while to recover and it shouldnt happen again.

Does this sound right? or am I completely off? lol

That sounds about right.

It could also be a pinched nerve. The nerves under my shoulders seem to like to get out of whack sometimes, and it feels like someone stabbing me under the shoulder blades with a knife. Not a lot can be done about it, maybe some aspirin to take the edge off. Hurts like hell to breathe when it happens, and as I'm quite addicted to oxygen I can't stop breathing. :(

It could also be a pinched nerve. The nerves under my shoulders seem to like to get out of whack sometimes, and it feels like someone stabbing me under the shoulder blades with a knife. Not a lot can be done about it, maybe some aspirin to take the edge off. Hurts like hell to breathe when it happens, and as I'm quite addicted to oxygen I can't stop breathing. :(

It could be that too.

After reading everyone's thoughts, I will stick with it being some type of muscle/nerve issue.

I will try to make sure I have stretched out properly.

I had this back when I was younger and my back was too weak for the punches I was throwing (so I was told) and it was extremely painful but went away on its own.

I had this back when I was younger and my back was too weak for the punches I was throwing (so I was told) and it was extremely painful but went away on its own.

Interesting.

Thanks for the info.

*feels weak*

Back