Weird MMA, boxing, wrestling, grappling event March 20th!!!!

geecore

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
http://middleeasy.com/recent-news/b...g-on-a-card-so-big-it-doesnt-even-make-sense/

URcard.jpg

URAnnouncement.jpg

"This is UR chance to see combat sports biggest names, in 1 night, on 1 epic event, You get 4 blockbuster MAIN EVENT fights, featuring once in a lifetime experiences with our unbelievable contests bringing you up close and personal to the stars. Let us take U into the action like never before with our revolutionary approach to Live Streamed PPV!"

https://www.urshow.tv/Events/UR Fight

This will be super fun! Can't wait to check it out.

Maybe it's legit but it seems not real at all. Why would Bisping and Roy Jones attach their names to this circus?

But I guess I'd tune in if real.

Last edited:
wtf ? Would the UFC even let Bisping grapple against Sonnen ? I bet this card never happens. Just like that Shamrock vs Quinn bare knuckle match..anything that has it's named attached to Ken Shamrock is usually a farce

Maybe it's legit but it seems not real at all. Why would Buspong and Roy Jones attach their names to this circus?

But I guess I'd tune in if real.
Surprised for Bisping but Roy has attached himself to some goofy shit over the past six years.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/654551...vent-feat-roy-jones-jr-ken-shamrock-and-more/

One of the more ambitious plans for a show has been announced for March 20th in Phoenix, Arizona and being called UR Fight. The card would feature a mixed martial arts fight between Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn, a professional wrestling match between Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio, a grappling match between Michael Bisping and Chael Sonnen, as well as a Rocky-style gimmick boxing fight with a fan fighting Roy Jones Jr. and if the fan wins, they take home $100,000. The names involved automatically make the costs of running this card astronomical without even taking into account the grand prize if a fan should somehow beat Roy Jones Jr.

The fight involving Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn is interesting because Shamrock is fighting next Friday night at Bellator 149 against Royce Gracie. The Severn fight could only happen if Shamrock is not injured and / or medically suspended after the fight with Gracie and is a rapid turnaround for Shamrock to fight four-weeks later.

The Roy Jones Jr. fight will be sanctioned by the Arizona Boxing and MMA Commission and they will ensure that this is a competitive fight. This would also apply for the mixed martial arts component of this card.

The event is currently only going to be available through the URshow.tv streaming site as opposed to traditional pay-per-view. One of the major incentives for a lot of the names involved is that there is a significant revenue sharing plan in place in regards to iPPV sales, sponsorships and advertising. All the talent is being paid a guaranteed purse regardless of the business the show generates. The points the fighters and wrestlers have on the back-end is said to be very significant.

The director of programming for URshow is Toronto-based Aaron Avruskin, who is the son of the late Milt Avruskin, who was the voice of International Wrestling and Superstars of Wrestling.

URshow.tv is planning many different events and are not strictly looking at fights as a destination for their audience. They will be offering a free show the week prior with a $10,000,000 “Hole-in-One” golf challenge that will be hosted by Chris McDonald, who played Shooter McGavin in “Happy Gilmore”.

There will be additional details released by the group this coming Tuesday.

Chael by arm triangle in the only match on that card that is remotely interesting.

Seems like a lot can go wrong here:

• Ken Shamrock is fighting one month earlier. He could get injured. Granted, Royce probably won't hurt him (unless he catches Ken in a sub and Ken refuses to tap). But at his age, he could easily injure himself during a TD or scrambling
  • Bisping is fighting one month earlier. He could also get an injury, and an Anderson KO is very possible. If that happens and Bisping gets a medical suspension, can he still fight in this?
  • Not sure about the liability of RJJ vs "a fan." I guess the fan has to be medically cleared, but will they really let anyone fight...even someone with zero boxing experience?

The only thing this event is missing is Fallon Fox.

Dan Severn... damn... I loved that dude in the fucking 90ties... 57 vs 52, is this the oldest mma fight in history? 109 years in that cage...

Between this and Venator it's like the old days were crazy PPV's would randomly pop up.

I LIKE IT!

Back