Weird Habits

distorted

White Belt
Reaction score
Recently, I've found when I roll, after we begin and someones got me in mount or side control etc, I seem to close my eyes until I get on top again. Subconciously I must think it makes me concentrate better, and make me a better grappler. I do this alot also when people begin to get submissions on me, particularily chokes.
I think it helps me stay calm, but I don't really notice myself doing it until I get out of whatever I'm in and start over.

Does anyone else do this?

Or any other weird or funny habits?

I find myself just rolling a lot unintentionally for almost everything.

When I first started I rolled most of the time with my eyes closed when I was on top.

I think Ive seen Star Wars too many times

I think its because you guys are homos and have yet to come out of the closet.

You close your eyes when your on the bottom because you like being dominated, and are pretending it to be the man of your dreams.

I had a dream someone made fun of jiu jitsu or something, we ended up on the ground, I slapped on a triangle, and they weren't tapping so I readjusted the angle, and I opened my eyes to find myself triangling my sheets. Kind of bizarre.

ive always closed my eyes, dating back to wrestling in high school, for some reason if i have contact theres a good chance my eyes are closed

I clap my hands once before I shake someone's hand when we're about to roll, for some reason.

When a guy takes my back, I stare at a spot on the wall and pretend I'm somewhere else.

when rolling from the knees i rock side to side. when we start just a lil bit. sometimes to set up a shot or sometimes just for no reason

Back