weight of gloves you use when sparring...16OZ or something else?

D

DKM76

I been using 16OZs but thinking about going for 10 or 14 OZ. Anyone have any background experimenting with different weights?

Also, this for hard sparring purpose. For soft sparring, I want to stick to 16ozs

10oz? Thats too small, unless your seriousley competeing I wouldn't reccomend that. And hard and soft sparring isnt determined by how big or how much padding your gloves have, its the agreed aggression that determines the level of sparring. All sparring should be done by 14 oz or 16oz.

Fzubek said:
10oz? Thats too small, unless your seriousley competeing I wouldn't reccomend that. And hard and soft sparring isnt determined by how big or how much padding your gloves have, its the agreed aggression that determines the level of sparring. All sparring should be done by 14 oz or 16oz.

yeah I been using 16oz but there are some guys that I spar with that are using 10 or 12oz gloves and there hits seem to hit me harder than the guys using bigger gloves.....so that's what made me think if I should switch also to give my opponet less of a padding when I strike

I spar with 16oz & sometimes 14oz. Few guys at the gym spar with 12oz but I dont know anybody who spars with 10ozs.

16oz. I don't want to injure my partner as much as I hope he doesn't want to injure me.

I use 16 oz and most of my sparring partners use 16 or 14. One of the guys has a tiny set of Twins gloves and i dont know what oz they are but i can feel the difference for sure with those.

When my trainer wants me to spar him i put on the full face bar head gear

16oz here too. I like the fact that I can be at ease throwing a little harder and knowing it won't be that bad for my sparring partner.

marylandboxing said:
I use 16 oz and most of my sparring partners use 16 or 14. One of the guys has a tiny set of Twins gloves and i dont know what oz they are but i can feel the difference for sure with those.

When my trainer wants me to spar him i put on the full face bar head gear

aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Back