Weight loss help...

M

metaldome

I am an MMA fan, not a fighter, but I saw this section and wanted to ask if someone can give me a specific regimine (diet and exercise), that has helped them lose weight fast. Thing is, I dont mind putting in the work if I see results, but I have tried many things only to lose weight so slow enough that I lose motivation, one or two pounds a week definitely will not satisfy me to the point where I will want to continue even though I know technically that is what I should be doing. Obviously I probably dont have the experience with this that some of you do and if I can get some real (not smart ass) answers that I know have worked for others I would be willing to give it a real try. Thanks.

Read the FAQs. Part of the "work" you'll have to put in in researching things yourself.

And 1 or 2 lbs a week is about as good as you can expect, if you want to retain muscle mass. How fat are you, that that's "slow"?

About 215, would like to get back down to about 185, seems like everytime I get down about ten pounds I hit a platau thats not easily passed, after a week or two of little/no weight loss I start to lose motivation. I will read the FAQ but figured some people with experience dropping weight fast might have some pointers. Thanks.

I'm not sure you understand how weight maintenance works...whatever you do to drop the weight, you have to KEEP DOING to keep it off. No quick fixes when it comes to this stuff. So if you're losing motivation before you even hit your goals, then I'd say that's your problem, not an imperfect diet/training regimen.

I do understand that, motivation is my main problem, but once I get started and really start to see a difference it becomes much easier to keep it going, there is so much different info out there and I dont know where to start and what works best, so just looking for a little help to get going in the right direction.

Well the FAQ is definitely the right direction. Go ahead.

Another problem is that I am young live on my own and after working late, or even while I am at work, its cheaper (its hard for me to afford fifteen ingredients for every meal/recipe), easier and faster to get something to eat rather than cook myself. Eating plain vegatables and grilled chicken (with no cheese, or sauce, or breading) just doesnt satisfy me at all, I feel like I havent eaten anything and still crave for something that in my opinion actually tastes good that I can enjoy. I also go out to the bar alot with friends and obviously this doesnt help but I am not going to just stop hanging out altogether. There will be people on here who do not share my experience and find it easy to do so they will call me an idiot or weak or whatever, I know theres no easy way to do it, but just looking for some tips if anyone has them.

hey man, I had the same problem, and just started a diet and a workout program. Your best bet for workouts would be a push/pull traing split or the bill starr 5X5 routine. You spend 3-4 days in the gym and work all of your muscles using compound movements. As for dieting, i just order nutrisystem, because I heard it works and has easy to make food. Its not the best diet, but im using it as more of a transition tool than as a full on diet. As for your social life and bars, just try to cut down on alcohal. Either way, your social life will suffer. What kind of schedule do you work?

Look buddy, if you're not willing to change your habits, you're not going to change your body. What exactly do you want here? There are no secrets to weight loss. Eat more veggies, and less crap. Cooking vegetables doesn't take "15 ingredients", it takes one. And about 2 minutes to boil, maybe a couple more to steam them. Cook your chicken in some hot sauce, that's low in calories and makes things interesting. Or check out all the recipes up in the stickies at the top of the forum.

As for your social life and bars, just try to cut down on alcohal. Either way, your social life will suffer.

I call shenanigans on that. If having a better body and not stumbling around like a fool makes your social life "suffer", clearly you're hanging out with the wrong crowd. I haven't had a drop of alcohol since February, and it hasn't stopped me from doing what I want to do.

If you wanna loe weight and keep it off then around 5 to 8 pounds a month is what you wanna lose.. then you HAVE to maintain that weight for a week so your body resets itself to that weight, then go and lose some more but cutting weight is easy KEEPING your weight down is the hard thing. Look at all the mma fighters they are like 20 pounds over like 3 or 4 days days before weigh ins. So if ya wanna lose weight and keep it off that is the way to go.

I'll be brutally honest...you're not committed enough. Everyone here would like to be cut without putting forth the time and effort. The first thing you need to do is figure out a way to motivate yourself. Give yourself something to shoot for.

Back