Weight Gain

CJ Brady

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Recently I posted a thread regarding getting back in shape (I had put on a bit of timber due to injuries, bad diet, etc.). Since then, I have lost this weight and have gotten much of my fitness back. However, I have been gaining weight. Whether this is muscle mass or not, in my position, this is undesirable. I'm 5"9 and 75kg/165 lbs. This is too heavy a weight for me to be fighting at, so I need help figuring out how to lose weight while staying strong.
All advice welcome.
Cheers.

Lift weights, keep your protein intake high, figure out what your maintenance calories are and eat at a 500 kcal per day deficit.

Eat less.

165 is nothing for your size.

What weight do you fight at?

Do as the other posters have said. Also, make weight using water manipulation. I'm guessing you fight at 145ish?

Do as the other posters have said. Also, make weight using water manipulation. I'm guessing you fight at 145ish?
Yes, 145, however, I would like to avoid the water manipulation game for as long as I can!

Yes, 145, however, I would like to avoid the water manipulation game for as long as I can!
I did that before; On my 2nd fight, it was a catch weight bout, and my opponent ended up around 10-12lb heavier due to water manip. I felt the difference throughout the fight. Since then, I've decided to make weight using water manip.

As an ammy I'm not going to be cutting large numbers like the pros up in the UFC. The last cut I did was 10.2lbs, the most I can probably do would be 15lb for now.

Anyways, find your TDEE, minus 500 calories from that, and you should end up losing 1lb a week. Work from there until you're satisfied with whatever weight you aim to be.

Back