weight gain POWDERS? & "Clean" ways to gain?

supersudo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i did a search and there are no mention of any weight gain powders (lotsa protein powder though) .. i was just wondering what your guy's opinion on them.. and if they're worth the investment..

i'd like to stay away from anything that could aggravate skin as i have acne prone skin.. i've noticed weight gain powders like masstech (a friend gave me) caused my skin to break out..

also, i was wondering if there are any "clean" ways to gain weight... all the weight-gaining threads seem to be the same info and things like "eat a bunch of fast food and u'll gain weight" and the like aren't an option since they make me break out.. (though subway sandwiches are an exception :D ) oh yeh.. i'm also lactose intolerant.. :icon_chee

Like sports drinks and proteins they're on of the few surefire supplements.

ProLab N-Large 2. Chocolate. 10 lbs= $35. Cheap, good macro profile, easy to take down...
Dymatize Mega Milk. Any flavor. 5 lbs= $30. More expensive, but better quality, and all the fat is MCT fat, so if you've had success gaining weight on Muscle Milk, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

if u can get a good price on the twinlab i would get it, there triple whey fuel is one of the best protein powders out there, and their other products are great to, check out rx fuel.

I would be for sure that I bought a quality gainer.

Most are filled with inferior ingredients.

Madmicks right in his choices.

My personal favs:
Cytogainer...cost effective and easy to adjust the dosage for personal calorie needs, thin and easy to drink also. I know I hate trying to down an assload of product.
Plus its easy on the belly, easily digested.
Actually thats the only one that comes to mind on top of Micks.

There is no "clean-way" to gain. Ask any bodybuilder.

bigdude1 said:
There is no "clean-way" to gain. Ask any bodybuilder.

No, fuck you, we don't ask bodybuilders anything in here.

Oh, BTW, welcome to the forum, I'm Madmick, and I don't actually hate you.

supersudo said:

I don't like all the dextrose (corn sugar). It's true sugar is more likely to add weight, but fat. Maltodextrin has a higher glycemic index, anway, despite that it's chain is longer and therefore more complex. So thumbs down on these.

I'd go with the N-Large, Mega Milk, or Cytogainer.

If I was trying to gain weight, I'd be using one of those three, probably the Cytogainer.

supersudo said:

Fuck me dead! am i reading this right? A serve in the 2500 is 603g thats over a fucking pound. 485g of carbs and 50g's of protien per serve, Your really buying expensive sugar with vitamins and a little protien.

Madmick said:

Ask Phil Baroni...he should know

Madmick said:

roid rage alert

Madmick said:
Like sports drinks and proteins they're on of the few surefire supplements.

ProLab N-Large 2. Chocolate. 10 lbs= $35. Cheap, good macro profile, easy to take down...
Dymatize Mega Milk. Any flavor. 5 lbs= $30. More expensive, but better quality, and all the fat is MCT fat, so if you've had success gaining weight on Muscle Milk, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

All good supplements, but is your metabolism that fast that regular food is not enough? Red meat, pasta, sweet and red potatoes work wonders. If you're eating out the ass, but still can't gain weight, then use these supps, but your body will always utilize real food better....

Hey I don't have a credit card and GNC doesn't carry any of the products you guys are talking about... All they seem to carry are Pro Performance Weight Gainers (here's the link to the list of Pro Performance Weight Gainers). If I were to buy one of those, or one from a different store, which would you guys recommend? I appreciate your help.

--u4ia

u4ia said:
Hey I don't have a credit card and GNC doesn't carry any of the products you guys are talking about... All they seem to carry are Pro Performance Weight Gainers (here's the link to the list of Pro Performance Weight Gainers). If I were to buy one of those, or one from a different store, which would you guys recommend? I appreciate your help.

--u4ia

i would go to ur local "The Vitamin Shoppe".. their selection blows away GNC.. and the prices too.. :wink:

www.vitaminshoppe.com and go to "store locator" at the upper right

supersudo said:
i would go to ur local "The Vitamin Shoppe".. their selection blows away GNC.. and the prices too.. :wink:

www.vitaminshoppe.com and go to "store locator" at the upper right

Thanks a lot bro -- is there anything that you'd recommend for weight gain in The Vitamin Shoppe? I don't know a lot about the subject but I've been doing my research in this forum as much as possible. Thanks a lot.

u4ia said:
Thanks a lot bro -- is there anything that you'd recommend for weight gain in The Vitamin Shoppe? I don't know a lot about the subject but I've been doing my research in this forum as much as possible. Thanks a lot.
go with the suggestions of madmick.. if u didn't notice.. i was the one who started this thread asking that same question--the only difference being i wanted it to be "clean" weight.. :wink:

Real Gain by Universal Nutrition

find it at bodybuilding.com (best price i've seen)

I got digestive issues, and this one works extremely well for me. Vanilla tastes good and mixes well too (i mix with water in a shaker bottle).

I had heard good things about cytogainer too, but i believe it has creatine in it, so i decided against it.

Cooz said:
Real Gain by Universal Nutrition

find it at bodybuilding.com (best price i've seen)

I got digestive issues, and this one works extremely well for me. Vanilla tastes good and mixes well too (i mix with water in a shaker bottle).

I had heard good things about cytogainer too, but i believe it has creatine in it, so i decided against it.

Yeah, like 2g, you avoiding creatine for a reason?

I've taken creatine in the past, and my digestive system just doesn't handle it too well. (the issue i was talking about is crohn's).

Real Gains has been really good to me. Granted while I was taking it I was finally being smart with my diet and workout routine but I'm sure it contributed to the gains I made.

Back