Weight Gain for a Hardgainer on a budget?

SFire

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had a search through this forum, and although I've found many threads relating to budgeting and dieting for hardgainers, I've not been successful in finding a thread for both. It's probably lurking there *somewhere, but I just don't have the Sherdog acumen to look into matters as hard as I probably should. Apologies :redface:

If you're interested in my predicament, and won't flame the hell out of me (well, much :p), read on.

Targets:

Help me put on some serious lbs (currently 105, lean muscle). Fatty gains aren't major concern at this point, as I can work that off later.

Keep within a budget of

There's a GOMAD thread here somewhere, i think its still on the first page, have a look at that. A gallon of milk a day along with lifting heavy is sure to put on weight. 105 lbs is extremely light , dont worry about eating clean or whatever, just eat as much as you can of whatever the fuck you want untill youve put on some decent weight. Mcdonalds euro saver menu is cheap as fuck

I was thinking about GOMAD, actually, but with my budget being as it was, I don't actually know if I have enough money a month to actually drink 8 pints of milk a day and still have enough money to get some food down my throat before the end of the day. Hence, I need help budgeting :p

Oats, and lots of them, oh, and chicken, and lift as heavy as you can :D

18. 's a bit late to be getting into the world of combat sports, I know, but it can't be helped :p

105!? Wow...

Don't know what to tell you if you can't afford something as cheap as milk. don't you have a job?

18 is definately not too late to take up anything. And if your really tight on the cash go to like tescos, look at the reduced to clear section where all the shits just gone passed its sell by date nd buy whatever takes your fancy. I've bought tons of meat there dead cheap. Oats and bread are also cheap.

105!? Wow...

Don't know what to tell you if you can't afford something as cheap as milk. don't you have a job?
It's not that I can't afford milk; I just probably can't afford drinking a gallon of it a day :p

Work is still pretty hard to come by in the UK, even seasonal work is snapped up in a flash. It's the reason my Mum has been out of work for the past three years or so :mad:

If you dont own your own weights try to find a friend with a barbell and plates and ask if you can use them and ditch the gym membership which, if its anything like here in ireland, are waaay overpriced. If you don't have a friend with weights i still say ditch gym for a few months and and spend that money on food untill you put on some weight. you could always find a heavy rock or some shit to work with while your gaining some weight, at 105lbs i reckon you could find one heavy enough to do the job.

I've got a set of dumbells and barbells with 50kgs worth of plates, but I'm getting the gym membership because it just works out cheaper than paying for lessons separately :p

18. 's a bit late to be getting into the world of combat sports, I know, but it can't be helped :p

It's not late to be getting a job and using the money to buy food. Even a few hours a week would make a pretty big impact on your food budget. Bonus if you work at a restaurant and get free food...

What is it that the $70 needs to cover? That's for a week, right?

It's not late to be getting a job and using the money to buy food. Even a few hours a week would make a pretty big impact on your food budget. Bonus if you work at a restaurant and get free food...

What is it that the $70 needs to cover? That's for a week, right?

Month D :

If it was a week, I'd be laughing, frankly :redface:.

About the job, like I said, the UK is still in pretty bad shape. Believe it or not, I've already been rejected by McDonalds 6 times :mad:

If that's your monthly food budget, I'd focus first on trying to survive let alone getting to the whole mass gain thing

Month D :

If it was a week, I'd be laughing, frankly :redface:.

About the job, like I said, the UK is still in pretty bad shape. Believe it or not, I've already been rejected by McDonalds 6 times :mad:

Damn thats pretty bad. You can still pretty much waltz right into a McDonalds and get hired on the spot here in the states.

My current solution involves Steal Cut Oats, which you can buy cheaply from a bulk food store (not a grocery store), as well as shakes, which I have more or less replaced my normal milk consumption with. They are more or less just milk, but with 2 blended bananas, which I buy for 50% off when they are about a day from going brown, 2 raw eggs, and a fist sized glob of peanut butter. Cheap, and fairly calorie dense.

GOMAD = $5/gallon x 30 = $150/month.

You only need to do it for 2-3 months. From what I've read if you do it longer than that it's probably not good for you unless you do it in cycles. That's just what I read dont' take my word for it.

I'm currently doing GOMAD and seeing fantastic results. I'm not a hardgainer but I do burn a lot of calories per day so gaining weight is a little resilient for me...which I guess would constitute as a hardgainer in a way.

Either way I recommend it highly.

Just out of curiosity, do you mind telling me which state/country you live? Milk isn't $5 a gallon here.

Make this and drink it every day, and eat everything else you normally eat. Worked for me...

2 cup milk
1 cup oats
1 cup yogurt
.5 cup pasteurized egg whites (egg beaters or whatever you can buy from the store)
1 scoop protein powder if you have it
2 tbsp peanut butter

blend it up and drink it

Back