weight cutting

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by birdskull123, Aug 9, 2010.

1. birdskull123

birdskull123 Orange Belt

hello guys im an amateur boxer and looking to compete in mma later on im interested in MT and Judo
    i need help cutting weight my fight is next two week im 5'7 / 155 i want to cut to 130
    my boxing trainer is really useless hes not giving any advice plus i want to practise weight cutting for future purposes can anyone tell me way i can?

2. mimo

mimo Brown Belt

I think it's all in the faqs mate.

3. cooks1

cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are Platinum Member

Yes, assuming you are not a troll, you can get most of the answers there.

I would say though, cutting 25 lbs in 2 weeks for a 155'er as a first time cut is not adviseable.

Even on a 2000/day calorie defecit, which would make training extremely difficult if not impossible, you are still going to lose only 8 lbs in 2 weeks, which means you are still going to need to 'cut' 17 lbs of water weight. That is really just not practical. You would be in no condition to compete after that, even in the highly unlikely event you could pull it off.

4. Mooney

Mooney Blue Belt

Pros Guide To Cutting Weight <--- Suggestion: I think this thread or else the other weight cutting thread linked in the FAQ should get it's own sticky. There's like 10 of these threads a week.

5. Denbob99

Denbob99 Orange Belt

6. Chris Cunningham

Chris Cunningham Amateur Fighter

i have a hard time cutting out the grazzing late at night. if i cut that out I think i could make any weight.