weight cutting

birdskull123

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
hello guys im an amateur boxer and looking to compete in mma later on im interested in MT and Judo
i need help cutting weight my fight is next two week im 5'7 / 155 i want to cut to 130
my boxing trainer is really useless hes not giving any advice plus i want to practise weight cutting for future purposes can anyone tell me way i can?

I think it's all in the faqs mate.

I think it's all in the faqs mate.

Yes, assuming you are not a troll, you can get most of the answers there.

I would say though, cutting 25 lbs in 2 weeks for a 155'er as a first time cut is not adviseable.

Even on a 2000/day calorie defecit, which would make training extremely difficult if not impossible, you are still going to lose only 8 lbs in 2 weeks, which means you are still going to need to 'cut' 17 lbs of water weight. That is really just not practical. You would be in no condition to compete after that, even in the highly unlikely event you could pull it off.

Pros Guide To Cutting Weight <--- Suggestion: I think this thread or else the other weight cutting thread linked in the FAQ should get it's own sticky. There's like 10 of these threads a week.

i have a hard time cutting out the grazzing late at night. if i cut that out I think i could make any weight.

Back