Weight cuts affecting speed

Kowboy Karl

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Why does 145 charles oliviera look so slow like drogon trying to flap his giant wings
Starting flight from a stand still

Vs

155 do Bronx via efrain for example looking like Warwick Dunn dancing around light on his toes with explosive double leg entries and what not.

Does ten pounds really sap this guy that bad?

It can affect strength and cardio as well. There is no guarantee it will help your career.

I think it probably has more to do with the smaller guys at 145 simply being that much faster, but yeah, it's not exactly news that trying to cut too much weight will impact your performance.

Maybe he doesn't have Lockhart or Dolce as a nutritionist, could be a number of things

I think it probably has more to do with the smaller guys at 145 simply being that much faster, but yeah, it's not exactly news that trying to cut too much weight will impact your performance.

Bad cuts are horrible and turn people into zombies. BJ's last fight was brutal to watch. Physically he looked great but he was dead before he got in the cage.

James Irvin when he first cut down a weight looked like the walking dead as well.

It's been conventional wisdom that it makes a huge difference for a long time. Frankie Edgar, Bisping, Machida, all fought in heavier weight classes for a long time cuz the speed advantage was so nice.

The diminishing returns is what makes me not give a fuck about guys draining themselves. It ends up being fair. It is a fucking gamble either way. Gamble and have a great cut..... or gamble and feel like the fucking walking dead.

Is a drogon like a slower dragon...or a dragon that smokes dro thus slower?

It's been conventional wisdom that it makes a huge difference for a long time. Frankie Edgar, Bisping, Machida, all fought in heavier weight classes for a long time cuz the speed advantage was so nice.

Yeah but notice the similarity of their styles.

Back