Weidman vs Rockhold Breakdown No Bias.

KillerElite

Carlos Condit knees people in the face
@Black
Reaction score
Both of these guys are aminals but I don't like Rockhold as a person.
The Chris is a guy who stalks you down. With bombs for hands. He has beaten animals with the exception of belfort. The next challenge is going to be one for the ages.
The way he shut down both machida and silva both guys that are great distance fighters and rely on forcing the second step as shown here:
ExemplaryBaggyBarb.gif

I am not that bias dude BoxingisLife. Move on to rockhold. Rockhold is animal and that same animal is also a southpaw. Rockhold's style is basically a bully making them circle into the left and make them eat the savage body left round kick as shown here.
ThriftyLastFattaileddunnart.gif

I am going to add certain factors here. Rockhold doesn't have the thing that has made him deadly the reach it will be interesting how he reacts to that. Weidman has never fought a guy that is a fellow bully like him too. He always makes his opponents back up and shown in the machida fight that during the times he kicks there is a crack in the armor. Machida started to figure this out and started timing his punches and even stunned him. Rockhold's main weakness is that arrogance. He seems to underestimate his opponents that may prove fatal.
The factors
1. Striking: Even
2. Wrestling:Weidman
3. BJJ: Weidman Damn dude nearly subbed andre galvao.
4. Cardio: Rockhold.
5. Footwork: Rockhold.
This is a very awesome fight I see going either way. My prediction: The Chris by SD.

Last edited:
Okay? I am waiting for the breakdown

I think Weidman has better stand up, he will check leg kicks by Rockhold. I dont think Rockhold kicks harder or faster than Silva. I also think Weidman has a better chin (well at least ive never seen him legitimately stunned, where as Rockhold has taken a nap before) I think Rockholds top game is better than Weidmans bottom game, and I think Rockhold is better off his back as well. If it remains standing, I think Weidman takes it, but if Rockhold gets on top, I think he can beat Weidman, unless weidman proves he has a good back game, which we have not seen yet.

I think Weidman has better stand up, he will check leg kicks by Rockhold. I dont think Rockhold kicks harder or faster than Silva. I also think Weidman has a better chin (well at least ive never seen him legitimately stunned, where as Rockhold has taken a nap before) I think Rockholds top game is better than Weidmans bottom game, and I think Rockhold is better off his back as well. If it remains standing, I think Weidman takes it, but if Rockhold gets on top, I think he can beat Weidman, unless weidman proves he has a good back game, which we have not seen yet.
If he gets on top of Rockhold, Luke's in big trouble.

Weidman wrestling will dictate where the fight goes so I'm picking Weidman by decision.

Thread title has "no bias" in it.
First sentence: "I don't like Rockhold as much"

^ should've read the thread first, several people beat me to it.

Rockhold will be crying by the end of the first round.

Rockhard is going to get north south and TKO Weidman with his trouser snake.

I'm from Colorado, so I gotta go with "Weed"man, great match up tho

I am looking forward to this fight no doubt. Should be a very good fight. Both guys are good smart fighters.

Back