Weidman in the commentary booth?

Maybe some self-awareness might help. Any ideas?

:confused::eek:o_O

I don't dislike Weidman, but just from hearing his interveviews, speeches, etc. over the years, it seems to me that he has a big ego and would probably spend too much time talking about himself instead of talking about the actual fights.

With him being out so long Im sure he will want/need something to keep him and his mind busy, so got to thinking maybe UFC gives him some commentary gigs?

I know theres a lotta Weidman haters on here but he is a smart dude and knowledgeable about a ton of the detailed aspects of grappling/BJJ and guy’s a pretty damn good striker too. Idk id take Weidman over Rogan or Cruz any day

Hes a good interview but i dunno how that would translate to fight commentary. Just a thought, feel really bad for the dude after his latest interview with Ariel

Thoughts?
(From anyone without weird, long term bitterness about Anderson and how overly attached they were to him preferably...?)
No man I personally despise Weidman. Dude sounds like the typical cocky NY dbag. Hopefully he recovers from his leg injury but hearing his voice m, for an entire fight card,no thanks

Ya I thought about that myself, he's a good speaker. Either a podcast or commentary would be a good career move for him.

Lololol

this is the fight game bud.

Lack of humility is like an hourly occurance.

Yeah, but Weidman displays almost a complete lack of self-awareness. He's living in the past. You could say Dom Cruz is similar but to me one is a legend who has backed it up and still is relevant, the other is just not as good as he thinks or wishes to be.

Please no. I never want to hear a thick Jersey on a broadcast

You heard him talk?

he wouldn’t be good to have to listen to for the duration of an event.

I agree. I do, however, think he'd do well as a panel analyst on one of those UFC Tonight shows. Unfortunately, since they shifted from Fox to espn, there doesn't seem to be a strong focus on any such shows.

He doesn't even speak like that.

His voice reminds me of the East coast college players from Miracle on Ice when they would try to differentiate them from the Minnesota accents

IMO the NY accent will lead to a lot of complaints.

All the current commentators suck so I’m down to keep mixing it up until we get some decent ones

Felder, Bisping, DC, Cruz are all awful

That booth gonna get crowded with all those retired fighter getting jobs there...

Back