Dedicado

Machetero
Reaction score
Top Ten Noobie Mistakes at Grappling

10.) Wearing a black belt from another art to your first BJJ class
9.) Wearing loose boxer shorts to a takedown class
8.) Not clipping your finger/toe nails for three weeks prior to class
7.) Wearing a karate/tkd gi
6.) After the teacher shows a tech, you say " ya, but couldn't the guy just bite you or poke you in the eye to escape?"
5.) Putting your belt with the gi in the washing machine
4.) Verbally submitting by saying " okay! go, okay! it's on!"
3.) Making fun of somebodies Purple belt " Purple?! Bwahahaha! That's a ghey color!"
2.) Talking sh!t about the Gracies' last MMA loss before class.
1.) Not leaving the "ego" at the door!

Dedicado said:
3.) Making fun of somebodies Purple belt " Purple?! Bwahahaha! That's a ghey color!"
lmao

shut up! purple's not a gay color... it's just... it's just tinkie winkie's color.

Ha that was a good one espically about the Whole TKD Uniform thing lol My father came to The Combat Club with me Thinking he can beat ricardo pires so he put his TKD Black belt and Uniform on and went to the Combat club with me i got there before him and told ricardo either knock out my dad or submit him..He laughed and said ok and asked me is it to shut him up I said yeah..so my dad came in his TKD Black Belt and Gi and challnged Ricardo..My dad was trying to indimtdate him by ki uping and thowing kicks..as soon as the fight started my dad tried to kick ricardo and Ricardo he evaded it and he slamed my dad they way Ryan Gracie did to Shungo Oyama and my dad was KTFO LOL!! that was the funniest shit ever!!!

Dedicado said:

Some guy came into Renzo's like this one day......he got smashed. :D

Little Mac said:
Ha that was a good one espically about the Whole TKD Uniform thing lol My father came to The Combat Club with me Thinking he can beat ricardo pires so he put his TKD Black belt and Uniform on and went to the Combat club with me i got there before him and told ricardo either knock out my dad or submit him..He laughed and said ok and asked me is it to shut him up I said yeah..so my dad came in his TKD Black Belt and Gi and challnged Ricardo..My dad was trying to indimtdate him by ki uping and thowing kicks..as soon as the fight started my dad tried to kick ricardo and Ricardo he evaded it and he slamed my dad they way Ryan Gracie did to Shungo Oyama and my dad was KTFO LOL!! that was the funniest shit ever!!!

Something tells me you also had something to do with your dad going and chalenging in the first place.

Lester McGrath said:
Something tells me you also had something to do with your dad going and chalenging in the first place.
well lets just say my father thinks he was "Unstoppable" just cause he was a TKD black belt and he was upset with me doing BJJ instead of TKD..He didnt like Ricardo cause he thought i was turing him away from TMA's and so forth and BS..But he learned it the Hard way..and Ricardo showed him hes not Unstoppable..plus Ricardo wanted to go up against him anyway when my father talked about how great he is in TKD

Little Mac said:
well lets just say my father thinks he was "Unstoppable" just cause he was a TKD black belt and he was upset with me doing BJJ instead of TKD..He didnt like Ricardo cause he thought i was turing him away from TMA's and so forth and BS..But he learned it the Hard way..and Ricardo showed him hes not Unstoppable..plus Ricardo wanted to go up against him anyway when my father talked about how great he is in TKD

And what happened afterwards? Did he shut up and join the school or say "I just slipped and bumped my head. He won't beat me again."?

Dedicado said:

9.) Wearing boxer shorts to a takedown class
8.) Not clipping your finger/toe nails for three weeks prior to class
7.) Wearing a karate/tkd gi
6.) After the teacher shows a tech, you say " ya, but couldn't the guy just bite you or poke you in the eye to escape?"
5.) Putting your belt with the gi in the washing machine
4.) Verbally submitting by saying " okay! go, okay! it's on!"
2.) Talking sh!t about the Gracies' last MMA loss before class.
1.) Not leaving the "ego" at the door!

So does the balck belt include judo? I mean, it okay if he's a bb in judo isn't it?

Q mystic said:
So does the balck belt include judo? I mean, it okay if he's a bb in judo isn't it?
no, its not. You wear the rank you have earned in the style you are training in right then and there, its not a judo class, and he is not a bjj black belt

Q mystic said:

No! If anyone is stepping onto the mat of another style, even styles as closely related as Judo and BJJ, they need to be in a white belt. Even if the guy could hang with everyone in the class. If the teacher wants to promote him, he will.

Another big newb mistake: Fighting back during the demonstration of a technique. I've seen it happen several times. The instructor is demonstrating a triangle to the class or something, and the noob thinks it's a war. They haven't learned that during the explaination and demonstration of technique is not the time to try to resist with all their might.

Q mystic said:

took my first judo class this past week and u bet i dug my whitebelt out of the closet.

Also, if you train in BJJ and go to another BJJ school someplace else, it's the right thing to do to ask the instructor if you should wear a white belt or your belt.

I've been wearing boxers to takedown classes for four years.

Bubble Boy said:
No! If anyone is stepping onto the mat of another style, even styles as closely related as Judo and BJJ, they need to be in a white belt. Even if the guy could hang with everyone in the class. If the teacher wants to promote him, he will.

Another big newb mistake: Fighting back during the demonstration of a technique. I've seen it happen several times. The instructor is demonstrating a triangle to the class or something, and the noob thinks it's a war. They haven't learned that during the explaination and demonstration of technique is not the time to try to resist with all their might.

haha ive seen people do this aswell

once i went to a judo class and the teacher was demonstrating how to do a scarfhold instead of the person letting it happen the person tried leaning into the instructor and rolling them over so the instructor picked him up and said i will show you this again instead of learning the scarfhold from the floor the teacher did a harai goshi and the n00b landed right on his shoulders and never tried getting out this time

We don't look at it that way I guess. At the bjj club I train at we wear our judo blacks and at the judo club the bjjers wear their belts. Although we all kinda work together. Good friends, and the bjj and judo we do is really just mixed. We just regularly visit one another.
I figure it okay for a visit but not if I were to join. + our bjj coach told us to.

Back