Weed and anxiety

I wont take hallucinogens anymore as I worried Iwont come back from it, kind of the last straw that broke the camels back

I've only ever tried mushrooms. About half a dozen times in my early twenties. First few times were a lot of fun, last two were bad trips with vivid and disturbing hallucinations.

After the second time I decided any fun I could get out of it was far outweighed by the risk. I don't like being in a mental state where I'm not in control of what's going on.

'underlying'.

<{ohyeah}>
16899966_2514553545238287_2011307938_n.gif

I did used to get a bit anxious when smoking a lot, I used to be a daily smoker and even when not stoned I'd be a bit paranoid to be honest. I'd kinda get a bit apprehensive if I had to go out for dinner with my missus or something even, it was weird. I've always been pretty good socially but certain things would get me. I don't really smoke anymore (except for the odd joint at a concert or something) and it's gone away. i really miss weed though.

I think mental state can have an effect here as well. When i was a teenager or early 20s I'd be blazing all day and rarely get paranoid or anxious. Once I was in my late 20s I had some responsibility that I was handling poorly ; I was just scraping by with my bills, had a shitty apartment and knew I should be doing more with myself but I kept making poor decisions and just smoking and scraping on by. I started to experience a lot of anxiety when I was blazed and it made it hard to enjoy and hard to focus. Now I've got a good career, great wife, nice house, all my shit is in order and although I smoke a lot less now when I do it's mostly enjoyable and I rarely get anxious anymore.

Weed is like that dark side cave on Dagobah in Empire Strikes Back - it just magnifies what you are already carrying.

Bunch of anxious wusses itt.

Weed is like that dark side cave on Dagobah in Empire Strikes Back - it just magnifies what you are already carrying.

Bunch of anxious wusses itt.
If that were true, I would get more anxious on indicas every so often, but I dont. Only sativas.

And you're the wussie.
<2>

I don't think it helps with anxiety. Definitely not for me.

From my experience it's only shitty weed that made me paranoid. Additionally I'd only get anxious only when i barely smoked. As soon as a i started getting high on regular basis (once/twice a week) most of these negative effects went away. With that being said, i've never had a good high whenever i wasn't feeling well beforehand.

I'm going to bottom line this thread now....weed affects everyone differently. I've been toking daily for about 13 years now so I have some experience. It is true that a sativa is more likely to cause anxiety where as indica mostly puts people in a lazy state. Of course, there are some who have reactions to either type of strain. I would also say route of usage can have an effect. The type of high you get from ingesting it is quite different than smoking it. Also, the "new" stuff out like shatter and wax are super concentrated so if you're not used to weed those may be a bit much and could cause anxiety and such. About the only time I get anxious is when I'm wondering when I can smoke next.

With weed being legal in a few states and it gonna be legal in Canada next year I keep seeing stories on the news and social media about how weed helps people with their anxiety among other things. I rarely smoke weed but I used to a lot when I was younger and I remember it made me anxious and paranoid. It did not relax me/make me more calm etc. So when people talk about weed helping them with their anxiety do they mean if they are feeling anxious or nervous about an event and they smoke a little weed that decreases their feelings of anxiety over said event, or do they mean that when they smoke weed on a regular basis their overall anxiety in their day to day life decreases?

a lot of it depends on the strain. sativa strains will generally keep you awake. it, at least to me, keeps my mind active, which is not good if you want to relax and/or sleep. indica strains usually make you drowsy and knock you out. that's what you want to smoke if you want to relax and unwind.

I'm going to bottom line this thread now....weed affects everyone differently. I've been toking daily for about 13 years now so I have some experience. It is true that a sativa is more likely to cause anxiety where as indica mostly puts people in a lazy state. Of course, there are some who have reactions to either type of strain. I would also say route of usage can have an effect. The type of high you get from ingesting it is quite different than smoking it. Also, the "new" stuff out like shatter and wax are super concentrated so if you're not used to weed those may be a bit much and could cause anxiety and such. About the only time I get anxious is when I'm wondering when I can smoke next.

i had a buddy who used to have weed that didn't have any of the added, "new" stuff to it. he told me that it was as pure as can be, and it was like, "water-based" or something. he explained it a lot better than i can. it wasn't anywhere as strong as the current stuff, and it was a lot more leafy and looked more like a normal plant than the really dense concentrated stuff. that stuff was the best weed to clear your mind and remain focused. it was super-natural. that's the kind people should smoke if they don't want to be too introverted or extroverted.

With weed being legal in a few states and it gonna be legal in Canada next year I keep seeing stories on the news and social media about how weed helps people with their anxiety among other things. I rarely smoke weed but I used to a lot when I was younger and I remember it made me anxious and paranoid. It did not relax me/make me more calm etc. So when people talk about weed helping them with their anxiety do they mean if they are feeling anxious or nervous about an event and they smoke a little weed that decreases their feelings of anxiety over said event, or do they mean that when they smoke weed on a regular basis their overall anxiety in their day to day life decreases?

it depends on the person

some people just dont take well to smoking weed.
i also know countless people that were potheads for most of their teens and 20s then suddenly quit bc it started making them feel anxious, depressed by that age.

personally, ive been a daily weed smoker for the last 20 years. other than the frequency of how many times i have a "Session", ive had no real adverse or negative effects

randomly ill get high at the wrong time and have a bad buzz , but in general, i love weed bc it does calm me down, makes me self reflective, helps my appetite, soothes sore muscles, and for the plain fun of it

the day it becomes negative to me or makes me anxious or depressed will be when i finally quit

i had a buddy who used to have weed that didn't have any of the added, "new" stuff to it. he told me that it was as pure as can be, and it was like, "water-based" or something. he explained it a lot better than i can. it wasn't anywhere as strong as the current stuff, and it was a lot more leafy and looked more like a normal plant than the really dense concentrated stuff. that stuff was the best weed to clear your mind and remain focused. it was super-natural. that's the kind people should smoke if they don't want to be too introverted or extroverted.
Hmm...it sounds like he may have just had some organic home grown...I'm not sure what you mean by it not having anything added or the water based deal. Unless he grew hydroponically, but that takes nutes to do and is usually fairly potent bud. But light and fluffy are generally Sativa strains. Of course, the lighting during the grow also affects bud density.

Hmm...it sounds like he may have just had some organic home grown...I'm not sure what you mean by it not having anything added or the water based deal. Unless he grew hydroponically, but that takes nutes to do and is usually fairly potent bud. But light and fluffy are generally Sativa strains. Of course, the lighting during the grow also affects bud density.

yeah, what you're talking about is a bit over my head. the guy was in the business, so what you mentioned could have been what he was saying. either way, it was real light and fluffy in texture. i could definitely see the difference between that, and other more well-known weed.

yeah, what you're talking about is a bit over my head. the guy was in the business, so what you mentioned could have been what he was saying. either way, it was real light and fluffy in texture. i could definitely see the difference between that, and other more well-known weed.
Yea, most shit weed is off of a brick that has been compacted for distribution. So it sounds like it could have been some good stuff.

Ive know few people get more paranoid with weed, and a few chicks who became more sexual while on it, and Joe Rogans has brain fog yet claims weed is good for the memory yet cant even recall a story he read in the morning and he smokes dope daily

Lighting up an OG Kush joint atm in honour of this thread.

Back