• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We now have 2 Jamaican Champs!

genetically that's a jamaican. the jamaican was born in america. jamaican descent is the same thing as an american born jamaican. i'm not the first to use this vernacular. 2nd generation jamaican immigrant is another term that can be used. Jamaican American is another term as well. look it up.
Are you so stupid that you don't understand what a nationality is? I.e. being born in that nation. How TF can you consider someone Jaimaican if they are not a citizen, did not grow up there, and was born in another country?? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, there is no such thing as "100% Genetic Jamaican " you muppet. Most jamaican people are a hodge pop of different ethnicities and ancestry. Have you ever seen Jamaican listed under race/ethnicity?? Of course not, because it is a NATIONALITY.

I don’t know where you tied Brazilian in that but ok it sounded like a mistype or joke gone wrong. I am well aware of the term anyone born a foreign. I am also aware Jamaicans will tell anyone American they are a yankee but once there and of two known Jamaican parents and living there nobody would care. Maybe he would get picked on for poor patois. India has a distinct people. I don’t care if they never sniff India you can see that it is a person of a distinct group. Just because Jamaicans blend in with the brown people of America you are talking about a distinct people and culture. Nothing wrong with embracing that or choosing not to. The main people with a problem with it are just people with problems
Because you said identify. So I'm saying can I identify as something I am not? In this generation, sure but in all reality, no. That was my point.

Once again, you're talking about something you know nothing about which is Jamaicans. Jamaicans absolutely care about things like that. Maybe the few that you've had interactions with but trust and believe, that's one of the main things in Jamaican culture. Once again, do not speak on something you do not know. I don't have an issue with it but I call a spade a spade. Jamaican is a nationality, and what do you have to do be have a place be your nationality? YOU HAVE TO BE BORN THERE. I'm not talking about citizenship or work visa etc etc.

Are you so stupid that you don't understand what a nationality is? I.e. being born in that nation. How TF can you consider someone Jaimaican if they are not a citizen, did not grow up there, and was born in another country?? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, there is no such thing as "100% Genetic Jamaican " you muppet. Most jamaican people are a hodge pop of different ethnicities and ancestry. Have you ever seen Jamaican listed under race/ethnicity?? Of course not, because it is a NATIONALITY.
aljo has dual citizenship as do most second generation jamaican immigrants. so there you go...muppet lol

Because you said identify. So I'm saying can I identify as something I am not? In this generation, sure but in all reality, no. That was my point.

Once again, you're talking about something you know nothing about which is Jamaicans. Jamaicans absolutely care about things like that. Maybe the few that you've had interactions with but trust and believe, that's one of the main things in Jamaican culture. Once again, do not speak on something you do not know. I don't have an issue with it but I call a spade a spade. Jamaican is a nationality, and what do you have to do be have a place be your nationality? YOU HAVE TO BE BORN THERE. I'm not talking about citizenship or work visa etc etc.
I don’t think identifying as the very clear bloodline of your two parents or preserving and honoring that by representing and carrying that flag or being a person who loves that culture makes you in any way a perpetrator of fraud. Maybe that’s the issue here. I’m not here to tell you how to view yourself or identify or what you can’t say or entertain any more ridiculous comparisons that just don’t quite fit. That is you trying with all your might to tear down whatever affinity that man has for Jamaica or his Jamaican roots and I find it odd but like I said the only people with problems with things like that are people with problems. It really isn’t that deep and it is very clear and obvious why he comes out to the Jamaican flag and embraces the country of his bloodlines birth. Just because you chose not to doesn’t mean I validate your anything more nor need to tear it down. If men are identifying as whatever they choose don’t you think this is a non issue?

It’s actually quite elementary. If two Indians come to America and have a child you can see that child is of a very distinct ethnic group and if that person called himself an American born Indian you would shut the fuck up. No question. Why so much squawk now?

I don’t think identifying as the very clear bloodline of your two parents or preserving and honoring that by representing and carrying that flag or being a person who loves that culture makes you in any way a perpetrator of fraud. Maybe that’s the issue here. I’m not here to tell you how to view yourself or identify or what you can’t say or entertain any more ridiculous comparisons that just don’t quite fit. That is you trying with all your might to tear down whatever affinity that man has for Jamaica or his Jamaican roots and I find it odd but like I said the only people with problems with things like that are people with problems. It really isn’t that deep and it is very clear and obvious why he comes out to the Jamaican flag and embraces the country of his bloodlines birth. Just because you chose not to doesn’t mean I validate your anything more nor need to tear it down. If men are identifying as whatever they choose don’t you think this is a non issue?
You're going too deep. All it was really was how Edwards was labeled the first JAMAICAN BORN UFC champion and TS is saying there is two when Aljo is not because he wasn't a JAMAICAN BORN person. It's that simple. If you disagree then I respond, why isn't Miocic labeled the first Croatian UFC champion. Simple, he is of Crotian descent not of Croatian nationality.

It’s actually quite elementary. If two Indians come to America and have a child you can see that child is of a very distinct ethnic group and if that person called himself an American born Indian you would shut the fuck up. No question. Why so much squawk now?
Like the term African American. I'm an American of African descent. That doesn't make me African dummy? What are you not understanding?

You're going too deep. All it was really was how Edwards was labeled the first JAMAICAN BORN UFC champion and TS is saying there is two when Aljo is not because he wasn't a JAMAICAN BORN person. It's that simple. If you disagree then I respond, why isn't Miocic labeled the first Croatian UFC champion. Simple, he is of Crotian descent not of Croatian nationality.
If that’s what the UFC labeled Stipe as and Stipe was happy with it and the people of Croaria had no problem or weren’t up in arms is kinda none of my fucking biz if you want my honest

If that’s what the UFC labeled Stipe as and Stipe was happy with it and the people of Croaria had no problem or weren’t up in arms is kinda none of my fucking biz if you want my honest
Statements like this makes me remember what generation we live in. The "I can identify as anything I want even if it's false because my feelings are more important than facts" generation.

Sure, I identify as a billionaire so I should get a billion dollars put into my back account because that's what I I-DEN-TI-FY as, meh.

Like the term African American. I'm an American of African descent. That doesn't make me African dummy? What are you not understanding?
I didn’t say that and I also didn’t call you a name so let’s talk without that. See this is what happens when someone challenges fragile logic you name call. Lets not go there. If two Chinese people of Chinese culture came to the USA and give birth to Chinese children who look every part of Chinese and they told you they were American born Chinese you would shut your mouth and humbly say ok friend. I would hope. Yet so much squawk from you now. Seems like self hatred tbh

Yet everyone makes a fuss about Dagestan.... Dagestan has a bigger population than Jamaica, let alone the whole Caucasus (and is far wealthier).

Yet from Jamaica, we got Usain Bolt, Lennox Lewis, Leon Edwards, Patrick Ewing and so on.

They're not just good in wrestling, but in most of the mainstream sports.

But to be fair, except Bolt, none of them were trained in Jamaica. It's not surprising though, since Jamaica doesn't have the tools to produce elite athletes, unless you speak about very simple things such as sprinting.
I’m gonna go out in a limb here and say that no one goes on about those other Jamaican athletes because this is an mma forum.

I didn’t say that and I also didn’t call you a name so let’s talk without that. See this is what happens when someone challenges fragile logic you name call. Lets not go there. If two Chinese people of Chinese culture came to the USA and give birth to Chinese children who look every part of Chinese and they told you they were American born Chinese you would shut your mouth and humbly say ok friend. I would hope. Yet so much squawk from you now. Seems like self hatred tbh
I'm not referring to you. I used that as an example because I am African American myself. Once again, that's a Chinese American meaning an American of Chinese descent. My great grandfather is Chinese, does that mean I'm from China? Better yet, my grandfather is Chinese-Jamaican but he was born in Jamaica. Does that mean my grandfather was from China? No. He's a Jamaican with Chinese descent. What are you not understanding?

Statements like this makes me remember what generation we live in. The "I can identify as anything I want even if it's false because my feelings are more important than facts" generation.

Sure, I identify as a billionaire so I should get a billion dollars put into my back account because that's what I I-DEN-TI-FY as, meh.
No no friend I need you sticking to the basics like answering the very simple question of why you would shut your mouth like a good boy if two Chinese people have a child in America and that person said I am American born Chinese? See I have no problem with how Cain nor Stipe nor Sterling identified and haven’t in 50 years. That’s for people like you to wrestle with and it’s hilarious because I don’t know why

No no friend I need you sticking to the basics like answering the very simple question of why you would shut your mouth like a good boy if two Chinese people have a child in America and that person said I am American born Chinese? See I have no problem with how Cain nor Stipe nor Sterling identified and haven’t in 50 years. That’s for people like you to wrestle with and it’s hilarious because I don’t know why
The term, I am an American born Chinese, that means I AM AN AMERICAN OF CHINESE DESCENT MEANING MY PARENTS ARE FROM CHINA BUT I WAS BORN HERE. Once again, what do you not understand?

I'm not referring to you. I used that as an example because I am African American myself. Once again, that's a Chinese American meaning an American of Chinese descent. My great grandfather is Chinese, does that mean I'm from China? Better yet, my grandfather is Chinese-Jamaican but he was born in Jamaica. Does that mean my grandfather was from China? No. He's a Jamaican with Chinese descent. What are you not understanding?
I am American and that’s selling it short because I am of the copper colored people here and have not a shred of evidence of a slave ship. So you can identify as all the African you choose. I can’t tell you that you are wrong or your depiction is off that’s your identity. I could ask you what slave ship brought you here and challenge your sense of identity and cause all kind of shit but see how I said ok African American friend and left it at that?

I am American and that’s selling it short because I am of the copper colored people here and have not a shred of evidence of a slave ship. So you can identify as all the African you choose. I can’t tell you that you are wrong or your depiction is off that’s your identity. I could ask you what slave ship brought you here and challenge your sense of identity and cause all kind of shit but see how I said ok African American friend and left it at that?
Once again, it ain't that deep. You're screaming for attention and it don't look right. Let it be.

Once again, it ain't that deep. You're screaming for attention and it don't look right. Let it be.
I’m screaming for attention but I’m not the one screaming from the rafters that Sterling isn’t what he claims. I’m saying leave that man and his heritage the hell alone and unless he is causing you an affront it’s not your business. Yeah that makes sense. Like I said the main people with problems with things like that are people with problems

I’m screaming for attention but I’m not the one screaming from the rafters that Sterling isn’t what he claims. I’m saying leave that man and his heritage the hell alone and unless he is causing you an affront it’s not your business. Yeah that makes sense. Like I said the main people with problems with things like that are people with problems
Put the gun down son, and get knocked out like ya father used to. GTFO.

Back