News WBSS Bantamweight Final: Naoya Inoue vs. Nonito Donaire set for November 7th in Tokyo

I’m not big donair kebab I never have been. His power is great but his footwork has never been great. Frankly it rubbed me the wrong way how people used to compare him to pac or say he was the next pac. I don’t think he is tough mentally compared to some of his contemporaries. This is an interesting fight as Inoue will probably have to take Donaire more seriously due to his power. But I could easily see Donaire folding after getting battered and the type of punch that inoue brings will leave Donaire on the floor. It’s an interesting fight though as Donaire should be there to fight at least in the beginning.

I’m not big donair kebab I never have been. His power is great but his footwork has never been great. Frankly it rubbed me the wrong way how people used to compare him to pac or say he was the next pac. I don’t think he is tough mentally compared to some of his contemporaries. This is an interesting fight as Inoue will probably have to take Donaire more seriously due to his power. But I could easily see Donaire folding after getting battered and the type of punch that inoue brings will leave Donaire on the floor. It’s an interesting fight though as Donaire should be there to fight at least in the beginning.
What are your thoughts on why Donaire was so thourgly outboxed by Rigo? Donaire (or his camp, idk) claimed to have not trained properly for the fight and did not gameplan or watch film at all, were these just BS excuses or is their any merit to it.

I love this fight. Donaire is older and Inoue is a monster... but Inoue wide shots, and Donaire is fast and can throw very short shots. Could be a great foil.

My mind says Inoue, but would be fun to see Nonito get the win. He seems to have always been a classy boxer, both in and out of the ring.

Ill go on a limb and say Nonito puts it together one last time

I mean, Inoue will probably beat Nonito down, but if Jean Pascal can turn back the clock, why not Donaire?

What are your thoughts on why Donaire was so thourgly outboxed by Rigo? Donaire (or his camp, idk) claimed to have not trained properly for the fight and did not gameplan or watch film at all, were these just BS excuses or is their any merit to it.
To put it succinctly Rigo is better.

Donair is a counter fighter, but he lacks good footwork and is not overly aggressive. His power, reaction time and thus his speed made up for a lot of that especially against the top guys in the division back when Donaire was coming up. Darchinyan for example was perfect for that. He would come in with a lot of volume and he eventually got caught and put out. The thing is Rigo has something that Donaire has never had and that is rhythm. In addition he has feet. Combine the two and he basically could pop donair and get out of harms way whenever he wanted and he could build up on his shots while donair was really looking for a homer. Granted donair is no fool he managed to land one but while he worked rounds to try and find a shot Rigo was burying him.

In this fight it’s interesting because if inoue just disregards donair and walks forward not intimidated he could get sparked. So we are going to have to see something different. If inoue can just walk through donair that will be truly impressive. It’s impossible to count out Donaire power though he dented KO chulitos face :eek:

nonito was pretty awesome, but he is old now, and naoya has to be one of the hardest punchers p4p right now. i mean the kid fights like he has cement blocks in his gloves, it's ridiculous.

and as if that wasn't enough, inoue can actually box. he isn't just a power puncher, he can be slick when he needs to.

i feel bad for donaire, but he isn't seeing the final bell in this one. i expect a brutal KO, nonito faceplanting and all of us losing our shit over naoya's power again.

Donaire goes out on his shield.

I can only see this fight ending horribly for Nonito. He should feel proud if he lasts 2 rounds.

It could be a good fight even if Inoue is the obvious favourite.

Easy win for Inoue, KO 1 or 2.

Donaire is fortunate to be in the final. He was on his way to losing against Burnett till the freak injury.

Donaire is fortunate to be in the final. He was on his way to losing against Burnett till the freak injury.
I don’t agree that it was a sure thing he would lose to Burnett. He was coming on strong in the later two rounds, making good investments to the body and generally showing his superior experience. Obviously the ending was freakish but it isn’t unreasonable to think that Donaire would have beaten Burnett had the fight completed its course naturally. Burnett is a good fighter but he isn’t anything particularly special.

nonito was pretty awesome, but he is old now, and naoya has to be one of the hardest punchers p4p right now. i mean the kid fights like he has cement blocks in his gloves, it's ridiculous.

and as if that wasn't enough, inoue can actually box. he isn't just a power puncher, he can be slick when he needs to.

i feel bad for donaire, but he isn't seeing the final bell in this one. i expect a brutal KO, nonito faceplanting and all of us losing our shit over naoya's power again.
This is how I see it. A brutal highlight reel KO for Inoue in the early rounds.

Actually, it wasn't a "freak injury". Donaire landed a crushing body shot to Burnett, which Burnett acknowledged to his corner, that led to the stoppage. We have this "freak injury" narrative because of the super biased commentators.

I don’t agree that it was a sure thing he would lose to Burnett. He was coming on strong in the later two rounds, making good investments to the body and generally showing his superior experience. Obviously the ending was freakish but it isn’t unreasonable to think that Donaire would have beaten Burnett had the fight completed its course naturally. Burnett is a good fighter but he isn’t anything particularly special.

Sure, the fight was becoming more competitive. It's more my thinking that Donaire being sluggish (his words) in the opening couple of rounds does not bode well with as fast a starter as Inoue.

Actually, it wasn't a "freak injury". Donaire landed a crushing body shot to Burnett, which Burnett acknowledged to his corner, that led to the stoppage. We have this "freak injury" narrative because of the super biased commentators.

Mmm. You can't see where the hook connects, but it does look to be on the hip to lower back. If it was a body shot that caused that injury, that's still pretty fluke. I haven't heard of that before.

Also, dude, that video is very biased to The Flash!

Donaire is too far past his best, Inoue beats him up and stops him early.

Back