Movies WB reportedly interested in making Batman Beyond film with Keaton

Would you be interested in seeing Keaton reprise his role as an older Bruce Wayne?

• Yes

Votes: 141 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Warner Brothers is reportedly interested in bringing Michael Keaton back to reprise his role as an older Bruce Wayne/Batman in a live action Batman Beyond film. Keaton in the past has said he would only consider a project like this if Tim Burton was involved. Could you imagine reuniting Michael Keaton, Tim Burton, and Danny Elfman for another Batman film?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/wb-liveaction-batman-movie-michael-keaton/

Well, we’ve got some good news, as sources close to We Got This Covered – the same ones who told us The CW was developing an Arrow spinoff for Katherine McNamara back in March, Viola Davis was returning for The Suicide Squad and that Tom Welling was going to show up in “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” all of which were eventually confirmed – have informed us that inspired by the success of Joker, WB is now looking to do more standalone, dark and mature DC movies. And one project they’d like to make happen is a live-action Batman Beyond with Keaton in the lead role.

batman-beyond-fan-art-1.jpg

I'd be down for that

Interesting. It could be good.

Go older.

Clint Eastwood as Bruce Wayne.

Dick VanDyke as The Joker.

Grew up watching the show so this is pretty cool

Looks like WB is after that Logan money. Could be good though.

Absolutely, Keaton has the acting chops to pull it off (again) and understands Batman very well.

Definitely keen. Not sure if I would want Tim Burton back for it though.

Rather have George clooney, he made the perfect Batman without the mask.

I'm pretty much always down for Keaton in films, especially as Batman/Bruce. He's still the best incarnation IMO.

Why not? Who would you rather have directing?

I just don’t vibe with his capricious, whimsical style of directing, and I don’t think he would be able to do the movie justice. Not sure who I would have direct the movie, I’d need to think about it.

The Lord of the Wings playing the Dark Knight again?

takemymoney.jpg

That is awesome but scary. Bruce Wayne shouldn’t be the star of batman beyond. It’s terry McGinnis who is the star with Bruce being the Miyagi. Still hyped I’m a fan of beyond and the rebirth run was very fun.

That is awesome but scary. Bruce Wayne shouldn’t be the star of batman beyond. It’s terry McGinnis who is the star with Bruce being the Miyagi. Still hyped I’m a fan of beyond and the rebirth run was very fun.
Who would you cast for Terry though? You need someone relatively young but a strong enough actor to be able to hang with (hopefully) Keaton.

I would love to see this happen but even with Joker under their belt I feel like DC will flub it.

Back