*Waterson is a 1-6 underdog against Joanna: Is that right, logical?*

Waterson can't beat Joanna or Rose, and I don't think she can beat Zhang or Andrade, either. I have to look up the others, but I have a feeling she's a hard 5 gatekeeper, at best.

Entertaining as hell, though.

absolutely nothing wrong with that, joanna is the most technical striker at 115 and miles better than waterson, waterson isnt that good and if this fight happens it should be a cakewalk for joanna.

Yeah, she was way overrated. I mean, she was considered a dominant champ. Now she would be the underdog against Rose, Andrade and Weili Zhang would literally kill her if she wants.
andrade? andrade is literally the same fighter she was when joanna absolutely outclassed her.

joanna is more skilled than all of em, her only problem is that shaky ass chin.

Joanna is super cranky today.

Cause i believe Waterson got a chance against an overrated opponent.
Joanna is overrated? Are you nuts? She's lost 2 fights. She is a fucking destroyer. Waterson has the size advantage, which could work in her favor. But, she has very little punching power. And let's face it, Joanna is a killer on the feet. She's fucking ruthless. Name one real war that Waterson has been in?

It should be bigger tbh.

Joanna is overrated? Are you nuts? She's lost 2 fights. She is a fucking destroyer. Waterson has the size advantage, which could work in her favor. But, she has very little punching power. And let's face it, Joanna is a killer on the feet. She's fucking ruthless. Name one real war that Waterson has been in?

1. She s lost 3 fights recently, not 2.

2. A "fucking destroyer" should have more than 4 TKO/KO wins after 18 fights.

3. JJ has the suze advantage, not Waterson.

4. Waterson versus KK was a good fight...for her.

5. Are you nuts?

Waterson's only possibly chance is if she can somehow get it to the ground, but she's never had good takedowns,

Someone hasn't been watching lately. Waterson is second only to Tatiana Suarez in takedown percentage and has landed a takedown in every one of her UFC fights. She has used Judo and Wrestling moves to do so. She started doing hardcore offensive wrestling training with Izzy (Jon Jones wrestling coach) about 7 years ago and it started paying off when she joined the UFC.

Someone hasn't been watching lately. Waterson is second only to Tatiana Suarez in takedown percentage and has landed a takedown in every one of her UFC fights. She has used Judo and Wrestling moves to do so. She started doing hardcore offensive wrestling training with Izzy (Jon Jones wrestling coach) about 7 years ago and it started paying off when she joined the UFC.

What is this thread? You think Waterston has a good chance of taking JJ down?

Fucking lol

Look, I get that you're a massive fan of hers, and I've been a fan myself since she arm-barred Penne back in the day, but you gotta face reality here, mate.

Yes, she's been taking girls down. She mauled Magana and landed that awesome throw on PVZ (and then submitted her soon after, I think?), but those two are not good fighters by any stretch of the imagination. She wasn't a massive threat on the ground against girls like Rose, Tecia and all the rest she's faced in the UFC.

And against the better fighters she's faced, Tecia and Rose, she got handled easily to a UD and brutally finished. Casey, Magana, PVZ and Herrig are not good fighters. The SW division has a very, very clear separation between the elites of the division and those that aren't. Waterson's best win is Karolina, and while Karolina was a good win, Karolina has also been on the decline for a while now and has her own particular ceiling.

The skill gap is just going to be too big for Waterson here. Waterson is going to have trouble just closing the distance on JJ. JJ's footwork is amazing. Waterson isn't going to be on the same level in terms of striking and I don't think anyone can dispute that. JJ is going to be way more rangey, just like Rose was, and Waterson couldn't do anything against Rose's range.

JJ is far better in the clinch. Waterson isn't going to be able to land those trips and throws like she did on PVZ. If a fucking brute like Andrade struggled to get a hold of JJ, and then couldn't keep her down for more than a few moments, then what do you expect Waterson is going to be able to do?

And then there's the size. Waterson is a small SW while JJ is a massive one, and then you've got JJ probably coming in over weight for this one too.

I'd love to see Waterson pull the upset here. I really would, but I think the reality is that Waterson's going to struggle to even get close. She's going to get picked off at range, and as this is a 5 rounder, maybe even finished in the later rounds.

Hopefully you can quote this post after the fight and we can laugh about how wrong I was.

Look, I get that you're a massive fan of hers, and I've been a fan myself since she arm-barred Penne back in the day, but you gotta face reality here, mate.

Yes, she's been taking girls down. She mauled Magana and landed that awesome throw on PVZ (and then submitted her soon after, I think?), but those two are not good fighters by any stretch of the imagination. She wasn't a massive threat on the ground against girls like Rose, Tecia and all the rest she's faced in the UFC.

And against the better fighters she's faced, Tecia and Rose, she got handled easily to a UD and brutally finished. Casey, Magana, PVZ and Herrig are not good fighters. The SW division has a very, very clear separation between the elites of the division and those that aren't. Waterson's best win is Karolina, and while Karolina was a good win, Karolina has also been on the decline for a while now and has her own particular ceiling.

The skill gap is just going to be too big for Waterson here. Waterson is going to have trouble just closing the distance on JJ. JJ's footwork is amazing. Waterson isn't going to be on the same level in terms of striking and I don't think anyone can dispute that. JJ is going to be way more rangey, just like Rose was, and Waterson couldn't do anything against Rose's range.

JJ is far better in the clinch. Waterson isn't going to be able to land those trips and throws like she did on PVZ. If a fucking brute like Andrade struggled to get a hold of JJ, and then couldn't keep her down for more than a few moments, then what do you expect Waterson is going to be able to do?

And then there's the size. Waterson is a small SW while JJ is a massive one, and then you've got JJ probably coming in over weight for this one too.

I'd love to see Waterson pull the upset here. I really would, but I think the reality is that Waterson's going to struggle to even get close. She's going to get picked off at range, and as this is a 5 rounder, maybe even finished in the later rounds.

Hopefully you can quote this post after the fight and we can laugh about how wrong I was.
Prepare to eat crow. Not joking. Promise you'll be back when Waterson dominates?

Back