International Washington State Senator Jeff Wilson Arrested in Hong Kong by Chinese Authorities

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm taking bets on what he will be traded with. Guy literally gave ammo to China.
Hong Kong
CNN

An American politician has been arrested in Hong Kong for carrying a gun into the city, according to a charge sheet seen by CNN, in what he has called an “honest mistake.”

Washington state senator Jeff Wilson was arrested on Saturday at Hong Kong International Airport and charged with possession of a firearm without a license, the charge sheet states, an offense punishable by up to 14 years in prison and a fine of more than $12,000.

Wilson appeared in the Sha Tin Magistrates’ Court on Monday and was granted bail, according to public broadcaster RTHK.

The Republican state senator, whose full name is Stephen J. Wilson, said he did not realize he had packed his pistol in his briefcase while he and his wife were traveling for a five-week vacation to Southeast Asia, according to a statement posted on his website.
Jeff Wilson: Washington state senator arrested in Hong Kong for carrying a gun through airport | CNN

I'm taking bets on what he will be traded with. Guy literally gave ammo to China.

Jeff Wilson: Washington state senator arrested in Hong Kong for carrying a gun through airport | CNN
I love the excuse of ohh I forgot I had that in there. Especially traveling to another country. And I am a gun owner.

I check my bags all over for anything that will slow me down going through airport security. This asshole probably gets special treatment in the states going through security.

I have as much sympathy for him as I did for Brittney Grinner. Which is none.

You have to be a dumbshit to go to another country with different laws and totalitarian rulers and try to say "whoops"

Simple, no problem at all.

He can say he's a crackhead painter - no treason charges or jail time ever.

Am I the only one who saw "five week vacation" and went WTF?
Didn't phase me.

But I'm used to Canadian politicians. Our current Prime Minister created a paid federal holiday so he could go surfing in tofino.

Either it wasn't a mistake or this guy is a moron and shouldn't be holding office. Don't know how you casually leave a gun in your luggage.
It's never a mistake. These gun fetishists just can't bear to be without their Precious for the duration of a flight.

He can serve his time like everybody else.

WTF

I know were everyone of my guns are right now and I have quite a few.

Then why to you carry in a briefcase if you actually need it you are fucked.

This is a sure case of do stupid stuff win stupid prizes.

Did the senator circumvent TSA all together? There's almost no way they would've missed it

He won the stupid price. Would have made for a cool story now he got an even better story.

Reactions: lsa
You can transport firearms on a flight, as long as it is in a locked container, unloaded and in checked baggage.

Some heads may roll at TSA or customs though, as someone should have told him he can't take it to China.

Back