Was Volkanovski Ever Any Good????

I'll pretend I didn't just hear you say that prime Machida and TRT Vitor couldn't have success at LHW in 2023
ill clarify, they couldn’t be champion unless they landed the perfect punch, and they would need to be given favourable match ups avoiding all grapplers and all strikers that are able to exploit a significant sizeadvantage on their way to the title

What's wrong with needing to find big shots in order to win? You need to be able to muscle guys around in order to belong in a division? Both Vitor and Machida were finishers by nature. Hell, having lost the first round and being en route to losing the second the other night, you could say that Topuria couldn't be champion unless he landed the perfect punch. Big whoop.

A lot of fanboys around here coping that Volk is too old, age caught up to him, or that he lost to a lucky punch. But the truth is Illia just exposed him. Who did he exactly beat as a champion? A punching bag Holloway, dude who holds record for being the most punched guy in ufc, while also looking decades older than he really is? An even bigger punching bag korean zombie? Yair Rodriguez who was getting battered by said punchingbag journeyman Zombie before a hail mary elbow saved him literal seconds before the fight was over? Ortega who is such a joke that his opponents are teaching him mid fight how to block, not that his ground game is any better, when he had 2 submissions locked in on Volk and fumbled both lmao. The moment Volk faced any actual good fighters, he got demolished, and good fighters simply dont get knocked out twice in 4 months. Aldo still the FW Goat, not Alexander the Average. Also Khabib is higher than Volk on the goat list.

Alexander the Average?
I never knew average fighters hold the belt for 5 years and have 5 title defenses. I guess I learned something new today. Thanks

4 posts...
are the other 3 as retarded as this one?

agree, he is/was very good but his run is exactly what you've described: not in the realm of the greatests of the sport.
if only people here'd wait some years before calling some fighter the goat it'll be less annoying.

Volk is a beast, but I have to agree that some of his title defenses are overrated. KZ was totally washed, Yair is a mental midget with no wrestling skills, and Ortega might be the most overrated fighter in the UFC rn

A lot of fanboys around here coping that Volk is too old, age caught up to him, or that he lost to a lucky punch. But the truth is Illia just exposed him. Who did he exactly beat as a champion? A punching bag Holloway, dude who holds record for being the most punched guy in ufc, while also looking decades older than he really is? An even bigger punching bag korean zombie? Yair Rodriguez who was getting battered by said punchingbag journeyman Zombie before a hail mary elbow saved him literal seconds before the fight was over? Ortega who is such a joke that his opponents are teaching him mid fight how to block, not that his ground game is any better, when he had 2 submissions locked in on Volk and fumbled both lmao. The moment Volk faced any actual good fighters, he got demolished, and good fighters simply dont get knocked out twice in 4 months. Aldo still the FW Goat, not Alexander the Average. Also Khabib is higher than Volk on the goat list.

Volk isn't overrated and his legacy is secure.

His biggest issue was chasing $$'s over wise career moves and the head kick from Islam effectively ended his career.

Topuria is also extremely overrated. He knocked out Volkanovski who was never that good according to OP, so what? Means absolutely nothing!

Volk is a beast, but I have to agree that some of his title defenses are overrated. KZ was totally washed, Yair is a mental midget with no wrestling skills, and Ortega might be the most overrated fighter in the UFC rn

He didn't beat Yair by outgrappling him. He hurt him on the feet then battered him on the floor.

I am sorry, but your hate for Jones has blinded you of all he has accomplished. Jones was never destroyed by anyone. You sound ridiculous! LOL
Cleaned the LHW division? Dude fought Chael, Shad,Machida, Vitor, all MW’s looool. His only good wins were against DC where he was caught juicing… The rest were either guys over the hill like Shogun with his shot knees or Rampage who wasn’t even training. Got destroyed by Gustaffson, lost to Marreta and lost to a bum like Reyes. Jones career is so overrated it’s

Yeah against old small washed up pride legends that were middleweights and used steroids to do it. Anytime he faced a guy his size he struggled even though they weren’t that good, Gus, Reyes, OSP, Bonnar. Even tiny middleweight Santos with an injured leg should’ve beaten him.

He ducked 2 guys he knew would have knocked him out, Rumble and Francis. It’s no coincidence he ducked those 2 guys that happened to have scary power and be his biggest threats then avoided the Gus rematch like the plague and fought him when he was washed.

Now he fought a guy with zero wrestling in gane and wants to fight 50 yr old Stipe while avoiding actual challenges

Let me add that he eyepokes every opponent when the fight gets competitive and used to throw oblique kicks to the knees of old worn high mileage middleweights
LOL, yeah right! None are so blind, as he who will not see.

Topuria is also extremely overrated. He knocked out Volkanovski who was never that good according to OP, so what? Means absolutely nothing!

Maybe if he loses we can make that thread but rightnow hes undefeated and won his last fight. Volk lost 2 in a row and ALL his top wins are questionable. Hes being audited bro.

Obviously Volk is a very good fighter no doubt but he was nowhere on the level of the GOATS, (Jones, GSP)
his title reign was fighting max 3 times, and beat KZ, Ortega and Rodriquez...
the way y'all were hyping him up was crazy..

fighters like KZ, Orega and Rodriquez are 50/50 fighters they are not elite at all... only one good win is Max

Beating Max 3 times is probably the best wins out of any of those guys
yea but its the same guy, when he actually started fighting other guys who are elite (islam and Ilia) he ended up losing

Back