Was there a Pride (FC) event that wasn't any good?

PRIDE 11 wasnt that exciting as far as I remember

I thought Pride 3 wasn't very good at all actually. save the Sakuraba-Newton match which was excellent.

The first 12 Pride events weren't all that exciting. Pride 13 was ridiculously good though. Why? From Pride 13 onwards they allowed knees and kicks to the head of a downed opponent. Night and day difference, it's hard to deny the value of some sweet soccer kicks lol.

Deal wit it.

umad.gif, go panic wrestle.
giphy.gif

There were quite a few rather bad ones the first years. Pride 1 is the only one I can remember from the top of my head that I'm positive was a bad one, but there are several of the cards numbered below 10.

Pride did have quite a few good fights, but when the whole stop, re-position in the middle of the ring, restart-STOP, re-position, re-position, restart bullshit happened it really killed the fight for me. That and the thing where people outside the ring were pushing on the fighters to keep them from going through the ropes was bullshit also.

"Yes, there were PRIDE events that sucked"
"Like what?"
"Watch them"

You should leave sherdog right now, lol. You actually are making me hope that Conor wins, so you can fuck off with your idiot logic.

lol helax, buddeh.

Early on there were a few bad ones. From 03-07 there never was tho. That run is the GOAT run of any MMA promotion as far as consistently great cards. An avg card was like an 8/10 in that span. 2nd would be WECs prime, then UFC best run in 3rd but they werent as consistent as PRIDE and WEC at their best.

He prolly hasnt seen a PRIDE event lol

prolly not lul xD xD

Fake pride fans are the worst. You aren't cooler or smarter because you liked a dead org.

Ufc>pride. Suck on it and enjoy the taste.
UFC is greater than:
all dead orgs for the simple fact that they died. If they were better they would still be in business.
PRIDE, Strike Force, Affliction, WEC etc etc.

Soon the MMA hipsters will be recalling the Glory Years of Invicta, when women's MMA was legit!

One of the first old fights Pride I ever saw was Kimo vs somebody else that I think use to fight in the early days of the UFC. It was the most boring fight I had ever seen. Maybe Severn? But I don't think Severn ever fought for Pride, but he's the only one I can think of.

One of the first old fights Pride I ever saw was Kimo vs somebody else that I think use to fight in the early days of the UFC. It was the most boring fight I had ever seen. Maybe Severn? But I don't think Severn ever fought for Pride, but he's the only one I can think of.
I haven't seen the fight but everything I've heard implies that Kimo vs. Severn (which did go down in PRIDE) was one of the absolute worst fights ever.

As others have said, some of the first few weren't that good (Pride 2 had a fight worse than Shamrock/Severn II). The last Bushido wasn't the best and Bushido 4 was red card city.

I always found PRIDE 10 to be HIGHLY overrated.

The first 12 Pride events weren't all that exciting. Pride 13 was ridiculously good though. Why? From Pride 13 onwards they allowed knees and kicks to the head of a downed opponent. Night and day difference, it's hard to deny the value of some sweet soccer kicks lol.

The first few events were pretty lackluster, but Pride 10 was one of the greatest mma events ever

IMO Pride really shaped up around the time of the first GP

An awful lot of them were pretty mediocre.. people tend to view the past far more fondly than it deserves.. its like we already have a load of "when i was a lad" type people who love to reminisce about how great Pride was because they think it makes them somehow superior now.

Truth be told, there were some great Pride cards and some shite Pride cards. Just dont let a Pride fan hear you saying that....

Now back in my day.......

IMO Pride really shaped up around the time of the first GP
I personally don't even classify MMA pre-2000 MMA. All of it was hokey and just flat out bad.
PRIDE 2000 GP is the singular event that legitimized MMA in my eyes.

Back