Was the Bones/DC beef contrived

punky brewster

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Leading up to the fight there was a lot of skepticism about the beef between DC and Bones. And a lot of people were very vocal about it. It seems like calling it bullshit and claiming everything in the UFC is a Dana marketing device is the thing to do these days.

Does anybody still believe the beef was contrived by the UFC marketing dept. or has anyone changed their tune and now become a believer?

You actually want to interact with the morons that thought the beef was a WWE work? Why?

I've worked with special needs clients before, it can be gratifying and enlightening :)

I thought it was but after last night now im not sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There has not been a greater fighter then Jon Bones Jones in any weight class

It's not an either or thing. Both guys know a good beef sells a fight and it's wise to play up even the slightest dislike.

The brawl was genuinely spontaneous, especially for cormier.

The leaked trash talking not so much.

I am pretty sure the beef was/is real, but the UFC certainly didn't help extinguish the flames :) That being said - I loved it :)

of course it was contrived

Cormier created it out of thin air in order to place a nice storyline for him when he ever fought Jones. Have to give him credit for that, he planted the seed early.

Now, I will admit I thought they were both playing it up quite a lot but now after the fact it is obvious Jones really developed legitimate hate for the guy over time, DC definitely not as much.

your thread title is misleading. there are punctuation marks that help to indicate when you are making an assertion or asking a question. practice those for a bit.

Nice bait.

I mean, nice bait?

No it was real. When they were younger Bones and DC liked the same girl and when she ....of course it was fake you dummie. How can people that have nothing in common and live in different places and aren't connected have real animosity. Its just a build up for a fight. Like 99.9% of the fights.

No it was real. When they were younger Bones and DC liked the same girl and when she ....of course it was fake you dummie. How can people that have nothing in common and live in different places and aren't connected have real animosity. Its just a build up for a fight. Like 99.9% of the fights.

Hey man, don't make me throw my shoe at you....

Hey pussy, are you still there?

Hey man, don't make me throw my shoe at you....

Hey pussy, are you still there?

bush-flying-shoe.gif

I don't think it was contrived, if it was Jones wouldn't be so upset, he would shake hands and approach DC like he did Evans. On DC's end I think he legit felt disrespected by Jones but just played it up and it got out of hand. Jones on the other hand I think didn't see it that way.

You know who thinks that beef was nothing but marketing? Dishonest people projecting their issues onto everything they see.

I don't think it was contrived at all.

If it were there wouldn't have been so much animosity and emotion at the end. Jones lured DC into a late flurry and then mocked him with a crotch chop at the end.

Then he was interviewed and said he hoped that DC went somewhere to cry and was sure that he had.

At the post fight presser he also expressed no regrets and said that he could see DC being nasty at the press conference if he had won.

DC also got emotional when talking about the loss.

If there was nothing real to the beef than I can't see things hanging on after the fight like that.

Back