Was that the worst fight you have ever seen?

RonBurgundy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards no, because... at least it had the train-wreck factor... So I wouldn't call it "boring" exactly...

Three and a half minutes of lay and pray that completely exhausted BOTH fighters so badly that one is being stretchered out and the other couldn't walk out under his own power?

Yeah, that was the worst I've seen.

I think Lentz vs Winner was the worst fight ive ever seen but this one comes close

See here's the thing. I've been watching MMA for 20+ years at this point and back in the old days of MMA when you went to a smaller show and they had a lot of heavyweights with records like 2-0, 0-0, 0-3, stuff like that, you always knew that something like this was an absolute possibility. So no, it's not the worst thing I've ever seen.

But that's the problem. I have to go back to the damn stone ages of the sport and think about smokers I saw in an abandoned brick warehouse in the scary part of town. And I'm comparing to the semi-main event of a card that's a major draw for what's ostensibly the #2 MMA org in the world.

It's like...I'm not disappointed by the fight. I'm disappointed in myself for watching. It's more that I'm offended and out of sorts. Do I have to tip the bum named "Spiffy" $5 to watch my car or is my car in the garage? I don't know anymore. I just don't know.

I'm expecting a check from Viacom. It was that bad. This shit isn't over either.

it's definitely the worst headlining fight I've ever seen.

But i thought that the HWs were the best weightclass in MMA, but seriously it's between Arlovski/Mir, Nelson/Rosholt and Kimbo/Dada 5000.

Hands down the worst fight I've ever seen. Granted I haven't seen every single fight in pro mma history but it's got to be a close contender.

I've fallen asleep during fights before, several times.

Kimbo and Dada was a terrible display of skill but it was definitely entertaining.

Especially with the pre-fight rumors of Kimbo taking a dive. Journalist were reporting tons of last minute betting on Dada, apparently a bunch of bookies stopped taking bets on the fight.

Vitor Belfort vs. Sakuraba at one of the early Pride events. Vitor kept purposefully falling down flat on his back and staying there. I'm not talking pulling guard with Sakuraba on top of him, just flat on his back while all Sakuraba could really do was kick Vitor in the thighs. This went on for 20 solid minutes. Bas was not too happy having to commentate that one, haha. Just awful.

Back