• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I don't understand why people hate Nickelback

Yeah it became trendy to hate them. I didn't have any dramas with them but I didn't listen to them.

I did like Creed and still liked them when they became Alter Bridge.

Yeah it became trendy to hate them. I didn't have any dramas with them but I didn't listen to them.

I did like Creed and still liked them when they became Alter Bridge.

Creed did upgrade their vocals: talent and lyrics wise when they became AB

there are far worse bands out there that should be getting more hate.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
U2
Radiohead
Pearl Jam

Huge bands.... absolute garbage
2 of those bands have actual talent. Delete them and enjoy the likes

This should tell you all you need to know about the type of people that automatically hate anything that becomes “ too popular” in their minds. I suppose their reasoning makes sense in their minds. But they come off as egotistical douche bags. Imagine thinking that people in a band deserve to be hated because they make music they feel people will like.
I don’t automatically hate it. Their music just isn’t good. And I’m explaining why I think they don’t write good songs - because they’re too caught up in writing songs that will get radio play, appeal to the most amount of people, and make them the most money.

So yeah, there are plenty of artists out there I don’t like. But they aren’t doing that so I at least respect them. These guys I just can’t have any respect for.

There is plenty of popular music that I like. But it’s good.

They were the Bon Jovi of the 00s but not as talented. Some big al ums financially though. I actually liked Rockstar

Nickelback specifically is a band that popular culture singled out as the worst band ever.
Okay, but that should answer the question. "Unfair" is a bit broad of a descriptor, that I don't think can be applied here. What even is "unfair hate"? You hate them or you don't. It's an artistic medium. There's nothing "fair" or "unfair" about how they're received.

I guess what I'm saying is that the hate is overblown. They're not all that hated. The hate is a hashtag. If they were in the gutter and completely irrelevant, I might say that they got a raw deal like so many "hair metal" bands when their time came to an end. Some of those guys might have unfairly caught some flack for merely being in that scene. Nickelback...I don't see the hate, past some hashtags and headlines. If you appeal to millions of people to this day, it's hard to call them "the worst band ever". It's bubblegum pop rock hate, from some pretentious folks who have an arbitrary line of what constitutes "quality", and probably enjoy shit from far less talented and unknown Punk bands.

I think for metalhead like me their music is pretty hard to listen to, they sort of seem like a hard rock band but they're lame as fuck really.

I don't hate em, good on them for having success but i do dislike listening to their music.

This is a badass song to me

But I get what people say. A lot of their songs are lame as fuck.. That song "I want to be a rock star" or whatever it's called.. That shit got played nonstop..

But the song I posted is a badass song

Also...

Nickleback, a few good tunes early on..(I very much enjoy "Leader of Men") then a few guilty pleasures later on (Animals, I wanna be a rock star)

But

Saw them open for Bon Jovi and they absolutely sucked ass.. not going to condemn them for it, the one time I saw Megadeath and they sounded like shit...bad days happen...they have fun tunes I don't mind enjoying but will never be in any goat band list

I never hated them. When I lived in Canada they'd be on the radio all the time and they had some songs I liked

I remember one time I was working, and I drove through their hometown (Hanna in Alberta) and I felt kind of bad for them because it's this shitty little town in the middle of nowhere and I didn't even see a little sign that was like 'Hey guys, Nickelback's from here'. That was the moment where I was like 'Fuck the haters man'

They actually did have signs. Right off the highway below "Hanna Welcomes You" was a banner that read PROUD HOME OF NICKLEBACK. They took those down fairly recently though, within the last 2-3 years.

The real travesty is that hockey legend Lanny McDonald is also from Hanna and he never got a sign. I think that was part of the reasoning for removing the Nickelback ones.

Also of note, about a half hour drive north of Hanna is the town of Castor. Home of the best named baseball team I've ever heard. The Castor Raiders.

Reactions: Zer
I really like a few of their songs but I've never been a super fan. They are not bad at all, just not a band I really paid much attention to.

No, they have been retconed like Creed as some amazing band for their era, but they're not. Strangely Shinedown/Breaking Benjamin are the same generic fluff, yet both bands have avoided the same fate.

However, somehow they did got Dimebag to play on a $ong. Which the business is about making money, so I get it.

Also, supposedly Chad Kroger (according to Google) is worth $80 million dollars, so who am I to judge? As the saying goes "Don't sellout, buy in".

Last edited:
No. Corny as fuck, bland, generic, dog shit.

I am the OG Nickelback hater, the hipster of nickelback hatred if you will; I've hated them for give or take 22-23ish years.

Me from the early 2000s:
al-hater.gif

They' played easy to consume pop rock. I knew a few people who worked with Chad and said some negative things. Enough time has passed now and they're getting embraced by everyone. Some douchers probably went to far with the hate.

I think for metalhead like me their music is pretty hard to listen to, they sort of seem like a hard rock band but they're lame as fuck really.

I don't hate em, good on them for having success but i do dislike listening to their music.
Portugal agrees with the metal part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
death touch
Back