Was Darren Till ever that good?

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
Till was rushed to the title shot as Dana WHITE wanted a new great white hope as the champion at WW.

Not even top 20 at WW if we are ignoring the hype train and seeing that he just lost a fight.

Do you think guys like GSP or Anderson Silva lost fights before winning titles?

Nope.

His claim to fame was beating a washed LW and hometown robbery over Wonderboy

Never fought a wrestler, beat a Lightweight and was gifted a decision over Wonderboy. Before the Cerrone fight he was ranked 44th on world mma rankings.

he's definitely not contender level and he got rushed because Dana has always had a hard-on for UK fighters

but to say is terrible is also shortsighted. the guy is 25 and has only been fighting UFC level guys for three years. give him more time to develop

Oh god, really? Whether you think Wonderboy won or not, if you can go 5 close rounds with a monster like Wonderboy you're pretty fucking good. He's not ready for the belt but he's a legit top 5 guy.

Good striking, good TDD, non-existent ground game. COULD be a future champ if he works on his flaws. Still only 25 years old.

I gotta give it to Woodley, he won me $1,100

Attachments

• BF1713A4-C45F-402D-8286-91DCAFA160D8.png
    BF1713A4-C45F-402D-8286-91DCAFA160D8.png
    159 KB · Views: 1
  • C4307687-42E2-4C9B-858A-58AD6F65DEE4.png
    C4307687-42E2-4C9B-858A-58AD6F65DEE4.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 1
Till do not look good tonight at all. Almost like he shouldn't have even been in there.

And where is this Woodley on other nights??

well he's not fighting big hypejobs every fight, so it's harder to actually finish top fighters.

Not even top 20 at WW if we are ignoring the hype train and seeing that he just lost a fight.

Do you think guys like GSP or Anderson Silva lost fights before winning titles?

Nope.

Uh you might want to check their records bub.

The Cowboy fight was the first fight I saw of his. It legit looked like he was 2 weight classes bigger than him.

I thought the Wonderboy fight was pretty much a draw. I really didnt know what to think of Till. I didnt realize he was only 25 until tonight either, thought he was closer to 30.

Seems like now it was a little too much too soon type situation. He totally mentally broke at the end of the Woodley fight, let him have the submission, no resistance whatsoever, even when Woodley was applying pressure

Dont be daft, theres no decent English fighters, the UFC just like to take the piss out the Brits.
giphy.gif

well he's not fighting big hypejobs every fight, so it's harder to actually finish top fighters.
Woodley was ultra aggressive tonight.
I mean Till beat Thompson and was absolutely embarrassed tonight.
This is what dana was talking about when saying Woodley could finish people if he wanted too. Tonight he did.

Woodley was ultra aggressive tonight.
I mean Till beat Thompson and was absolutely embarrassed tonight.
This is what dana was talking about when saying Woodley could finish people if he wanted too. Tonight he did.

Till barely beat Thompson, Woodley on the other hand completely destroyed Thompson on the feet.

just because the judges said one fight was a draw and gave Till the Thompson fight doesn't mean anything.

the CONTENT of all of those fights tell the true story, and the story is Till barely outpointed Wonderboy in his hometown, while Woodley completely wrecked Thompson twice on the feet AND on the ground.

Back