Was Cain's win the best ever comeback from getting previously owned?

blkdynamite

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I don't think many people thought Cain had much of a chance in the rematch after the way he got destroyed in the first match. Thoughts?

Cain was injured the first fight and it showed with his lack of mobility. I expected to see a different Cain this fight. And to be honest not really surprised he won/dominated.

Ariel Helwani mentioned that there is a video of Cain's injury.
Does anyone have a link to it?

GSP certainly laid down ass whoopings on both Serra and Hughes after his losses.

I am going to say no, GSP absolutely dominated both HUghes and Serra after his losses and did so in incredible fashion, Cain looked good for about 2.5 rounds.

He got caught in the first fight, not owned.

GSP over Serra 2nd fight. That was an embarrassing one sided 10 minute destruction.

One punch KO after suddenly is not ownage. Nobody was winning at the point of the KO.

One punch KO after suddenly is not ownage. Nobody was winning at the point of the KO.

Actually a 64 second KO is the definition of ownage to me. If cain was winning before then no but he wasn't. So you're saying bang ludwig ko'ing goulet isn't ownage either?

Actually a 64 second KO is the definition of ownage to me. If cain was winning before then no but he wasn't. So you're saying bang ludwig ko'ing goulet isn't ownage either?

Goulet likely gets KO'd applying aftershave lotion

Cain looked good for about 2 rounds, then gassed. Just not as badly as jds. Calm down a bit here guys

Chuck over Randy the second time.

This. One-punch KO early, though there was the eye poke.

Also Pulver/Penn 2. Granted, they were far apart as top form goes.

Cain got "caught" (served) in the first fight, a quick KO
The 5 round beating he put on JDS, that was ownage.

This aside, it was a great comeback, since many people thought junior was gonna destroy him again.

Rooting for junior on his next fight, hopefully we get a third fight between those two :icon_twis

Rampage lost brutally to Wandy twice in pride. He then owned Wandy in their UFC fight.

So much for the people saying the outcome of the first fight wasn't a "lucky" one..

Then JDS gets totally brutalized for five rounds in the rematch

Back