Was Bethe Correia one of the most delusional title contenders of all time?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Most everyone expected Bethe to get crushed by Rousey albeit not by KO most likely. They knew that Beth was getting a shot because of her shit talking, Ronda's lack of competition left in the division, and Beth's unbeaten streak. But no one gave her much of a chance.....except herself.

I understand how it's important to be confidant, even cocky to get to the level that she's at. However, Bethe was beyond that. As soon as I saw her go out and make her challenge gesture to Rousey it was hilarious. It's like, you'll be dead soon. Be a little calmer and don't try to get decimated in the first round.

I've never seen someone in a title fight so over-confidant when they are obviously overmatched. Bethe has won almost all of her fights by decision and only 2 by any other means, 2 TKO's. Did she think she was gonna wear Ronda down and decision her? I know she said she'd KO her in 2 punches but that was or the lulz. She wasn't like, "Ronda's a tough fight. She's like, "I'm gonna dominate her."

Was Bethe Correia one of the most delusional tight contenders of all time?

what the fuck do you expect her to do? cower in a corner when the fight was signed?

almost as much as chael against jones.

mamma take this Bethe from me, i can't use it anymore
it's getting dark, too dark to see
feels like i'm knocking on Cyborg's door

what the fuck do you expect her to do? cower in a corner when the fight was signed?

See all of the other title contenders that fight? ......confident, but not delusional.

So, I would expect her to be like that.

Not really. She's just a jobber. She's willing to get beat up for a paycheck. All of that confidence is just acting kinda like WWF stuff to stir up interest.

I think she is legit good, but just ran into a brick wall.

When there is a person who stands out above the rest "fans" (cynics more fitting) always say the division is weak, never he is the best.

I dunno. She looked nervous as hell coming out to the cage. Couldn't even find her corner.

Yes. It felt awkward after the pre fight shit talk, the weigh in, and then that awfully cheesy and cringe worthy little ritual when Buffer announced her. Add in Ronda's own cheesy mean mugging she does before every fight.

Betch probably feels terrible right now.

When there is a person who stands out above the rest "fans" (cynics more fitting) always say the division is weak, never he is the best.

Legit good? DId you see who she beat to get a titleshot? She didn't beat anyone in the TOP 15. Lmao

Yup even she hangs longer than CZ and Davis. CZ and Davis got harder lvl of opponents compared to Bethe when she got her TS.

Lol people said she had one punch ko power ??? Who she ever ko? Actually thought it would last longer than it did but two people swinging wild is bound to be a quick flash ko. If the reverse had happened that's exactly what rousey supporters would say. And rightfully so

Yup even she hangs longer than CZ and Davis. CZ and Davis got harder lvl of opponents compared to Bethe when she got her TS.

Betch's UFC wins had a combined UFC record of like 1-6 and none of them have won in the last few years. Saying her competition is weak is an understatement.

I will say she was one of the most undeserving fighters to get a title shot

This!

I will say she was one of the most undeserving fighters to get a title shot

Same here. I don't even know that Bethe really thought she could beat Ronda or if it was more UFC hype when Rogan claimed she "really, truly, no fooling, honestly, 100% believes she can win."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back