• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Was August 21st the saltiest sherdog has ever been?

Not even close, Ronda being ko and Fedor being tapped by Werdum dwarf the close decision win of Conor over Diaz.

Hell Diaz tapping Conor created more bugaboo.

Conor losing to nate is right up there with it. Bj gsp 2 was also right there.

Not even close, Ronda being ko and Fedor being tapped by Werdum dwarf the close decision win of Conor over Diaz.

Hell Diaz tapping Conor created more bugaboo.
The site may have had more traffic after those fights, but they didn't generate any where near the levels of salt that conor/Diaz 2 produced. Especially Ronda/holly. There was virtually 0 salt after that one. Everyone was celebrating.

I have been on Sherdog a long time. But I never used to check online after fights. Never thought about it. But then....one night there was......Diaz vs. Condit. Now I scored the fight one way. My very casual fan friends scored it another.

So just for fun, when I got home from the bar, I decided to check Sherdog

H
O
L
Y

S
H
I
T.

That was a fucking gong show. It was glorious. And it probably got me addicted to Sherdog.

The sodium levels were off the charts here when I checked. I don't know if we've ever seen anything like the day after Conor beat Nate. Do any of you remember a day when more saltiness occurred.

Theirs still massive amounts of salt here currently but nothing like August 21st. Let this thread be a indicator of recent salt levels.

Been here 11 years and I have never witnessed a saltier sherdog ever.

Not Greasegate
Not machida shogun
Not even fedor hendo
Nothing comes close.

Conor haters are in even more denial then shogun nut huggers that claim he didn't tap to Jones.

The sodium levels were off the charts here when I checked. I don't know if we've ever seen anything like the day after Conor beat Nate. Do any of you remember a day when more saltiness occurred.

Theirs still massive amounts of salt here currently but nothing like August 21st. Let this thread be a indicator of recent salt levels.
says the guy with a July 10, 2016 join date.....

I have never witnessed as much salt (ex. saying that the win wasn't impressive, etc.) or damage control (ex. the day before saying that Conors career would be over soon, but after the fight settling for "oh, well at least we have the first fight") as I did that day in my entire life.

Also never laughed that much. There's a special type of hilarity associated with people (especially haters) having to eat crow.

Condit soundly beating Nick Diaz
Anderson getting ko'd and having his leg broken
GSP Greasegate
Fedor getting knocked out by Hendo
Chuck getting KO'd by Rashad
Nick Diaz getting suspended for 5 years for weed
Mir knocking out Big Nog
Lesnar beating Randy
Hughes beating BJ Penn
Jon Jones crashing his Bently getting away relatively scot free
Josh Barnett getting Affliction cancelled
Brock Lesnar getting popped for asthma medicine
Ricco Rodrigues vs Nog
Coleman breaking Shogun's arm
Frankie Edgar beating BJ the first time
Machida's decision over Shogun

I've seen worse

bonnevillecoursemedium.jpg

Yes that day sherdog actually became saltdog

The site may have had more traffic after those fights, but they didn't generate any where near the levels of salt that conor/Diaz 2 produced. Especially Ronda/holly. There was virtually 0 salt after that one. Everyone was celebrating.

False.

:>

When Jones beat the crap out of Shogun this place got so salty that all the multi-cell organisms died and now only primitive life remains.

TS join date:
Jul 11, 2016

You've been on sherdog for 2 months.
Just sayin.

Fedor - Werdum was worse. It really was. Hard to imagine, i know.

I had a hot head training partner in a bjj class who had a really kind of shitty personality. He always complained about shit under his breath and he always saw everything as a competition. He sucked, and wanted everybody at his level of suckiiness and when he'd get tapped or worked he would look up at the sky and be like why god why. Then before classes he would talk shit about people and be like uhh he got 1st place at that tournament? Cmon really?

That guy never won shit. And he hated mcgregor. He had said that during Mcgregor Diaz I he went berserk and lost himself in his joy.

The man is a hater by heart. And I imagine that most of you guys that have shed so much salt the past week are the same. But I hope not.

Don't be a hater. You need appropriate levels of sodium.

Back