Warriors Diet Specific Qeustion.

ZO

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I am 6'8, 340. I am interested in the warriors diet for the reason that it doesn't consist of many meals and people seem to get results. I honestly don't have enough time in the day to eat 5-6 meals. So you can see why this diet is appealing. My only concern is will I drop weight too quickly? If so Is there a way to doctor the diet so I don't. I am worried about too much loose skin. I would say I have about 90-80 lbs. to get to for my fighting weight.

ZO said:
I honestly don't have enough time in the day to eat 5-6 meals.

Then how did you find the time to eat enough meals to get up to 340?

Seriously, it doesnt take time to eat right. When people say 5-6 meals a day they are usually including snacks, and shakes. At least I do.

My cutting diet is Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Post Workout Shake, Dinner, Another meal, snack, or shake before bed.

Its simple and time efficient. When you cut out all the crap that people add to meals to make them taste better or add variety, that is what takes time and preperation. Making eggs, chicken breasts, making protein shakes, and opening cans of tuna isnt really that time consuming.

The thing that takes the longest in my diet is throwing chicken breasts on the GF. And that just consists of turning a knob and coming back 10 minutes later.

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but I wouldnt put so much hope in just one specific diet when you have a goal like 80-90 lbs.

Sorry for the delay. Thanks BFNM for the quick response and advice. I can tell you that by getting to the 340 pound marker was not by eating 5-6 times a day but rather eating 2-3 times a day but just eating the wrong things. My diet consisted of Doughnuts, Gyros, Hot dogs, Double Cheeseburgers, Chicago Pizza (Ilove it), cheese fries, and the list goes on and on.

I have some back problems (probably would help if I dropped a few) that make it so I can't train everyday. You are right about not putting evgerything into one diet. I guess I am looking to incorporate a better way of eating into my life. I want to lose but not too quickly to where there is loose skin. If you have any suggestions let me know. I have Protein powder, egg albumin, and Liver pills. I can't eat per gram of bodyweight.

I have been this way for only a year. 2004 I was running missions w/ the Army in Bagdhad so I know how to get fit and stay fit. I guess I just got lost along the way.

Ok. First things first. You are going to have to make a spreadsheet and keep track of your caloric intake, protein, fat, and carbohydrates, along with weight and maybe even body fat %. That way you can track your progress very carefully and make changes. Also, try to keep track of your excersise and lifting progress.

Your goal is to try to maintain body composition while slowly losing fat to reduce loose skin and stretchmarks. Which is going to require not losing any lean body mass and building muscle at the same time while decreasing your body fat %. This is going to be a slow process to lose 80-90 lbs, but its achievable.

I think there have been threads before on loose skin and stretchmarks, I think people have recommended aloe vera, cocoa butter, and Vitamin E, and there are also specific products made to reduce these, but you can search for those or ask in another thread for people with personal experiences.

Also, foor healthy skin its important to drink alot of water and always stay fully hydrated, and I would recommend an EFA supplement also. I think it has been stated that soy protein is good for the skin too, so you might want to look into that also.

Remember eating right should be a lifestyle not a temporary fad, like most diets are.

Like I said earlier, try to get a diet together and put it into a spreadsheet so you can see your total intake and then start to make some adjustments.

Back