Warming up to rolling

cb9fl

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a "problem" where for the first one or two times rolling you suck? It takes me a couple times to get my mind in the right spot. The first couple times I feel like a ragdoll.

Do what your thread title says...warm up. You should just kind of slow roll for posistion and work on sweeps and stuff. Then you can start rolling like normal. A good 10 minute warmup helps a ton.

I get better as time progresses during the class, and some of it can be my cardio which doesn't make me as the tired as my opponent. I try not to muscle to much, but in the first two-three rounds of rolling people have to much energy and use to much strength to get in or out of a position.

it depends. i can usually leave the other shit(work, kid, wife, etc.) at the door but on days i come in distracted or preoccupied with some regular everyday shit i'll have trouble getting my mind right. this also happens more if i arrive late and miss the drills cuz they give my mind a chance to unwind as well as get my body limber for rolling.

I feel ya. We start all my classes out with rolling. I honestly just try to take it easy and get relaxed and loose. A lot of people get in to it too fast and wind up losing too much energy at first. There are some kids who can def. do a warm up roll and others who cant. i just try to start out with the kids who will warm up.

No, I have always been incredible.

we usually warm up with some ab work, then to postitional drills, then transitional drills and everyone seems ready to go after that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back