• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

I have a less than exceptional pc and I was still getting 60fps. Performance wise it seems pretty solid tbh.

Damn I missed this Beta window.

I just reinstalled the OG Vermintide last night and played it for about 5 hours and had an absolute blast. I played it once before but never REALLY gave it a fair shake. Being a huge Left 4 Dead fan, this really hits the mark on Horde-mod survival and mission based team work. I love it. I can't wait for V2.

Anyone know if they are releasing on Consoles at the same time?

OMG that gameplay trailer looks absolutely amazing. Beyond what I expected. I seriously can't wait for this.

OMG that gameplay trailer looks absolutely amazing. Beyond what I expected. I seriously can't wait for this.

If you preorder you can play now.

Pre order beta gives you a head start and there is no wipe

It's a great game.

Last edited:
I am a real console baby though. I get all fucked up trying to do KBD/M.

Will there be beta tests for the console versions of the game? Also, will the console versions of Vermintide 2 launch at the same as PC?

Yes, we plan to run a beta test for the console versions of the game. Console release date is not announced yet but it will not drag behind the PC for as long as the first games console versions did.

https://wccftech.com/fatshark-warhammer-vermintide-2-dx12/

If you guys want to git gud at this game, check out j_sat's videos on youtube.

And play for thousands of hours :p

Of course that helps, but there are a lot of basic things you can do that'll make you a better player that don't take much more than the knowledge of those tricks to be a better player.

Things like the block+slash and block while reviving really change how effective you can be without requiring hundreds of hours of practice. Understanding how the loot system works and what makes a weapon good or bad for your playstyle. How dodging, staggering, crits, shields, etc work.

Like most L4D-likes, understanding how the AI director works is also crucial. Sticking together and on top of your team is very important. A few feet can mean the difference between life and death on the higher difficulty.

Last edited:
Of course that helps, but there are a lot of basic things you can do that'll make you a better player that don't take much more than the knowledge of those tricks to be a better player.

Things like the block+slash and block while reviving really change how effective you can be without requiring hundreds of hours of practice. Understanding how the loot system works and what makes a weapon good or bad for your playstyle. How dodging, staggering, crits, shields, etc work.

Like most L4D-likes, understanding how the AI director works is also crucial. Sticking together and on top of your team is very important. A few feet can mean the difference between life and death on the higher difficulty.

No doubt. Just wanted to emphasize that j_sat is on another world when it comes to Vermintide. The hours he's put in REALLY show in his play.

playing with randoms kinda sucks but with friends its much more enjoyable

Played a ton over the weekend. Game is a blast.

Important things I learned;

Right now you cannot get red items to drop from loot crates because they're "rebalancing" them before launch. Red items also won't drop till you're level 25 or higher on the character. With that said the focus now should be on getting your character levels up to 25+ and saving all your level up boxes. Also, if you've made it to champion difficulty you should save at least the Emperor crates till you're level25+ and launch so you have tons of crates for the best loot.

The other important thing is that hero power/character level don't impact what power level items drop from boxes. The power level that drops is based off the highest power level you've already seen. So if the best item you've seen is power level 50, you'll be able to get say up to power level 60 in your next box. It's best to wait till you're at the max power for the difficulty you're playing on to get the best loot out of your emperor boxes.

Recruit = max power 100

Vet = max power 200

Champ = max power 300

So for example to get the best items from Veteran difficulty, you should open your emperor boxes at around 190 "has seen" power level. This doesn't mean you shouldn't open boxes. If you're stuck in a rut and need new gear you don't have much choice. You also need to open as many boxes as you can increase your "has seen" level. The best way to do this is to win matches. I see a lot of groups, even pick up groups, trying way to hard to complete matches with all the tomes and grims, but it's really not necessary. Orange items are nice to get and can really change your playstyle.. but at power level 65 or whatever it's basically salvage fodder because you're going to power through it so quickly.

Until your "has seen" power is in the high 200s, you're going to replacing all your gear very quickly so the overall color quality doesn't matter and that's the real reason to torture yourself with the pickup books. You just want to win and open boxes period. Progressing through your "has seen" power level should be the main focus and even a white quality item with higher power level does that.

So for the next 3 days of preorder beta this is what you should do.

Win as many matches you can on the highest difficulty you can.

Open only the win rewards and save the level up rewards. Optional to save the emperor chests till you're at the high end of the "has seen" for that difficulty tier. Saving boxes will slow your has seen progression, especially if you're also saving level up boxes, but it'll be worth it when you have 30+ boxes to open when you're at the end of your "has seen" power and you pull reds for every character.

Ignore the pickup books unless you have a very strong group, especially the grims. The tomes are much more manageable, but again Winning > loot. Win crates are fodder for your "has seen" power level.

Reach level 25 on your preferred character(s) and progress as high as you can with your "has seen" power level. Important to note that "has seen" isn't character specific and it carries to all 5 characters so you can level multiple very quickly.

@Quipling @GhostZ06 @Gref @RoryFan

Last edited:
playing with randoms kinda sucks but with friends its much more enjoyable

Yeah, it can suck, but you can also luck into a good group as well if you're playing solo.

Play a match with the team, if you don't like it just leave when you finish or wipe and find another.

Lots of people playing right now it's easy to get groups.

Yeah, it can suck, but you can also luck into a good group as well if you're playing solo.

Play a match with the team, if you don't like it just leave when you finish or wipe and find another.

Lots of people playing right now it's easy to get groups.
yeah id say sofar most of my quick matches solo have been allright but in my very first one (no experience at all, didnt even play V1) i died to a ratogre and one dude calls me out for it then later he along with the rest of the team dies so i have to revive their asses but somehow its still my fault

i can imagine it being worse in higher difficulty matches as randoms tend to have less patience for mistakes, it usually does in games that have different difficulty scales

yeah id say sofar most of my quick matches solo have been allright but in my very first one (no experience at all, didnt even play V1) i died to a ratogre and one dude calls me out for it then later he along with the rest of the team dies so i have to revive their asses but somehow its still my fault

i can imagine it being worse in higher difficulty matches as randoms tend to have less patience for mistakes, it usually does in games that have different difficulty scales

I'd say most people playing the preorder beta are a bit serious than most so if you keep trying for a group you're bound to find a decent one.

I think at the higher diffs, you'll find more people expect you to know what to do so make sure you know the maps well before you start soloing in vet/champ.

Picked this up today. Total steal for $30.

I played the first on PS4 and loved it, even capped at 30 fps. So I'm pretty hyped to get a smooth 60 fps on PC.

Currently level 21 on Saltzpyre playing as the Bounty Hunter.

I've got an 8.5% CD Reduction Amulet (possibly a charm or trinket can't remember) and an Orange Rapier with 5% CD Reduction on crit. I'm dying to hit 25 for the 30% CD Reduction talent. It's a literal blast using his career ability.

Level 26 Kerillian and I play the base class the most because lol group hp regen.

Trying to play some of the other side classes more specifically handmaiden.

Back