Television WARHAMMER 40,000 Live-Action Series (Henry Cavill Attached to Star, Amazon in Final Talks)

Playing to the far right part of the fanbase of 40K would not be a good idea, there very vocal online but wouldnt amount to much, go fash, lose cash.

Really I think besides the scale of the thing getting that tone right is the main issue, not making the Imperium either too nice or simplistic badguys, making Chaos genuinely threatening, etc.

Again my feeling is there best off starting fairly small and getting bigger and bigger, adding both a wider setting and more layers tio the mythology rather than trying to dump everything on the viewer at once.

Start small with some hive city police or ganger story.

You can basically run typical cyberpunk/scifi detective/ criminal plot but in hive city and 40k world

Please watch this fan film and tell me you aren’t interested in this universe. This is literally less than 1% of how cool it could be.

I used to play 40k and I‘m not interested. You’re welcome.

I've always thought that the WH40k lore would feel unbelievable clunky if transported to a live-action series. Just the bombastic way your average Ultramarine talks would feel pretentious and stilted. Very easy to make it all seem silly. There is a reason why most Warhammer animations are either very short or are very action/mission focused. Making a more traditional series in the vein of House of Dragon or Rings of Power would be pretty darn difficult imo.
That’s because there’s no substance except edgy basement male phantasy. It‘s just a collection of shocking and over the top retro teenager metal symbolism and anecdotes about how bad-ass someone was.

If they focus on Space Marines it’s not gonna translate to film very well.

Eisenhorn would be a great starting point though. It features some Marines from the Deathwatch on his side and then some Chaos Legions on the opposite but they aren’t the focus. It would work well to set up the wider narrative and give them a chance to test out translating 7 foot tall super soldiers wearing about a tanks worth of armor to the big screen

Fabius Bile trilogy rated NC 17 for the win
If they did one where they find a child and build them into a space marine, that might be fun, but realistically the only good one they can make is the space psychic detective . It might actually be good

If they did one where they find a child and build them into a space marine, that might be fun, but realistically the only good one they can make is the space psychic detective . It might actually be good
And I feel like that's just been with the Halo show, where they take kids and turn them into 7ft tall power-armoured super soldiers fighting aliens in space.

I think with 40k they either need to do it Gaunst Ghosts style. As in follow a human imperial guard unit with a Band of Brothers tone to it, but fighting all the horrors of 40k.

Or yeah you got Eisenhorn route, set in a Cyperpunk/Blade Runner type hive city and do the Psychic powered detective and his motley crue of associates investigating Chaos.

Agreed, even an ultra marine would be hard to pull off as a main character due to size and scaling. Agree with what others said that an inquisitor or like a Ciaphas Cain type character would be easiest to translate to screen
They gave it a go in Halo.

halo-tv-series-23.jpg

"Warhammer community have hurled upon the franchise’s reputation, it has an important decision to make. That choice can include a variety of options, such as casting Black, LGBTQ, and other underrepresented minorities in the series, promoting messages of inclusivity both on and off set as well as in the story, donating to organizations whose mission it is to further the equity of all people, and/or publicly speaking out against targeted hate such as this and clarify that the few do not represent the whole.

Should Amazon choose not to make its position clear, it risks alienating a very valuable and devoted fan base who would love nothing more than to feel safe in their support of the TV series without guilt over compromising their integrity."

Holy fuck

go fash, lose cash.
Did'nt even knew there was lefty version of "go woke, go broke" meme

Learning something new every day

Back