Ward/Dirrell likely to be postponed

VisceralDragon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Don't be shocked if Ward-Dirrell is postponed - ESPN

Absolutley pathetic the way this is being handled. Either you're postponing the fight or you're not, just give a straight answer.
I'm looking forward to this fight when it does happen. both are very good but Ward dissapointed me in his fight against Green, he is so talented and he basicly threw a few jabs and held Green alot, he'll have to really fight against Dirrell though. what are you're Thoughts?

Last edited:
Ward also beat the piss out of Green with body punches in that fight. It would definetly suck if the fight was postponed.

Annoying how the promoters are handling this. They're shooting themselves in the foot by creating little hype for a really good fight.

Annoying how the promoters are handling this. They're shooting themselves in the foot by creating little hype for a really good fight.

Exactly, for me it's probably the most interesting fight of the tournament on paper, and they aren't handling the promoting of the fight which is supposed to be they're jobs.

This sucks, I hope they don't delay. Ward disappointed you? I actully Really like that fight. I thought the way ward rough up green on the ropes allnight was great.

Last edited:
Yeah I loved Ward's last fight.

That being said I think if this fight goes down Dirrell will surprise a lot of people.

And I really really hope this doesn't get delayed, we've already had to wait long enough.

I didn't like the Ward-Green fight so much when I first watched it but I found myself watching it a bunch of times in the past weeks, being intrigued by ward's in-fighting techniques

I hope they make ward-dirrell sept 25. Really intriguing fight.
I'm really pumped for Abraham-Froch though.

*Sigh*

Arguably the two best guys and without a doubt the two best boxers in the tourney going at it and the promoters don't want to hype it? C'mon, how hard can it be? Fuck sake.

The promoters should dump a boat load of money into this fight. If Ward or Dirrell win this tournament and are not reconizable names to the general public at the end, then I think it was an unsuccessful promotion. They have the talent and they are facing top competition, yet they are still unknown to non boxing fans. I blame the promoters.

I tried to buy tickets last weekend and was surprised to see no venue has been selected. This is an amazing mess-up by the promoters. I want to see this fight ringside.

It's moret than a little concerning.

Ward's GOT to be the favorite to win the entire tourney, and they can't get their poop in a group?

Both sides + Showtime should be promoting the bejeezus out of this thing by now.

Back