Warcraft III Reforged releases today

<{katwhu}>

The campaign was great. I bought the game just for the campaign.

Same here.

I am sure I would have loved playing the online pvp but I simply didn't have time to invest in it and I am too competitive to just wing it. Loved the campaign. I go back to it from time to time every so often...

Last edited:
I'm going to get hate for this, but I honestly think Overwatch is an excellent Blizzard game. Fuck if it's super popular and a weeb/twitch thot game, OW plays like a dream. I think it's the best thing they've done in years. That being said, must have been a year since I touched it, so I don't know if and how it evolved.

Yea I agree. I never wanted to play OW when my cousin told me about it. I was done with multiplayer FPS games and I had no interest in it. Eventually he just flat out paid for the game out of his own pocket. He said if I don't like it fine I don't have to pay him back but if I do I have to pay him back. I loved the game. I ended up putting way way more hours into it than he ever did. He eventually stopped playing it and now he can't stand it. I haven't been back in forever and I don't plan to. I had my fun with it but I'm done. I don't like the changes to the meta either. All the new characters kind of killed it imo.

WAT

you're STILL pretending that reviews is an argument?

Both reviews and fans. So pretty much everyone. What was your evidence again? Oh that's right you don't have any.

and no, it wasn't.

You can literally look this up, doofus.

what? wrong. again.

Game journalism websites became popular and replaced physical magazines during the time I'm describing, so yeah. There was no gamergate or people crying about "ethics in journalism." That came later.

1. lolz!!! @ opinion... fact!

You've made it pretty clear you don't know the difference between opinion and fact

2. why are you so hung up on popular opinion? this is dizzy-level bullshit. shouldn't you be over popular opinion by the time you're in high school?

Because that's the difference between you and me comparing each other's assholes.

If both the critics and fans think something is good, it most likely is. Certainly means more than one random dude who can't back up his own opinion.

that makes no sense, at all.

No, your original comment made no sense

you asked that BECAUSE of the fallacy/rep from the goty thread.

No idea what you are talking about here.

Wait, were you the guy saying the Witcher 3 is trash? That would explain a lot.

1. i never said it was awful, reading master. i said the STORY was awful.
2. i gave supporting statements, genius. ironically, one of which was the awful story.

There's a difference between making a claim and supporting that claim. Learn it

Yea I agree. I never wanted to play OW when my cousin told me about it. I was done with multiplayer FPS games and I had no interest in it. Eventually he just flat out paid for the game out of his own pocket. He said if I don't like it fine I don't have to pay him back but if I do I have to pay him back. I loved the game. I ended up putting way way more hours into it than he ever did. He eventually stopped playing it and now he can't stand it. I haven't been back in forever and I don't plan to. I had my fun with it but I'm done. I don't like the changes to the meta either. All the new characters kind of killed it imo.
I still really like OW, it's the most reliable fun floor of the games I play. I just never play Quick Play and only enough Comp to get ranked, Mystery Heroes all day baby.

Both reviews and fans. So pretty much everyone. What was your evidence again? Oh that's right you don't have any.

...this was said in response to me pointing out that "reviews" isn't an argument. the above isn't an argument, either. wtf are you talking about?

You can literally look this up, doofus.

...i did. you're just wrong. it's not "critically acclaimed" by fans. it had/has like an 8. ffs. you're the one obsessed with ratings...

Game journalism websites became popular and replaced physical magazines during the time I'm describing, so yeah. There was no gamergate or people crying about "ethics in journalism." That came later.

WRONG. that came BEFORE. ffs, man. the example i gave was widely criticized and from 2007. i mentioned it... because it's kinda famous/infamous, and mentioned heavily a highly notable precursor to gamergate.

(dude got fired from gamespot for giving a game a deservedly bad review because the studio was an advertiser. he refused to change the review to a favorable one, as per gamespot. game "journalists" commonly gave good reviews, regardless of whether it was warranted, due to the inherent conflict of interest. hence, why ~90% of games had a good or better rating)

You've made it pretty clear you don't know the difference between opinion and fact

this, coming from the one trying to base his butthurt white knighting on popular opinion.

Because that's the difference between you and me comparing each other's assholes.

If both the critics and fans think something is good, it most likely is. Certainly means more than one random dude who can't back up his own opinion.

...the fans gave it an 8. how many times am i going to have to state that the fans did NOT give sc2 universal praise?

No, your original comment made no sense

No idea what you are talking about here.

Wait, were you the guy saying the Witcher 3 is trash? That would explain a lot.

...are you mentally disabled or something? where the fuck did THAT come from?

There's a difference between making a claim and supporting that claim. Learn it

says the one who never supported his false "universally acclaimed" claim?

and ONE of us supported his claims. hint: it was the one who mentioned multiplayer, balance, a lazy lack of unit types, awful story, and etc.

not the one rambling about universal acclaim (an 8/10!) with nothing to show for it and some crap about witcher 3 (?????) and a mere OPINION that "the campaign was great." - with literally not one reason why you even thought it was "great."

Don’t even bother. Rob doesn’t like anything. I can’t remember if I’ve ever seen him say “yeah, ____ was a great game. I really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun.”

definitely. this definitely did not happen in the sh thread, the goty thread, and the metroidvania thread; all on the first page of this subforum. /s

you proved my point, though... so thanks for that.

@HHJ claims I'm like this, but its not really about being jaded and mean. i've just played so much shit over the years that it takes real quality and innovation to impress me now. You can't just release another game in a beloved series and get instant hype and approval on my end, you have to actually make a good game too.

That said I thought Starcraft 2 was fine and I have no idea what this man is going on about.

to be clear, i never said sc2 was bad. i said the CAMPAIGN was bad, in more words.

i said the game, as a whole, was "ehh."

Don’t even bother. Rob doesn’t like anything. I can’t remember if I’ve ever seen him say “yeah, ____ was a great game. I really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun.”
I’m just shocked anyone would talk so low about SC2:Wings of Liberty, it’s literally one of my favorite games of all time.

Especially when they dump on the campaign. The whole story playing out between Raynor, Tychus, and Kerrigan, that was pure genius. I genuinely believe that was one of the moments where Metzen and his story team were at their absolute best.

Especially when they dump on the campaign. The whole story playing out between Raynor, Tychus, and Kerrigan, that was pure genius.

"genius"

MF0qT3I.gif

It was an alright game but it never caught my attention as the addiction I had with the original starcraft, warcraft 2, diablo 1, diablo 2, and warcraft 3 custom games. (Old Blizzard). Pretty much blizzard is dead, as the original creators are most likely gone.

to be clear, i never said sc2 was bad. i said the CAMPAIGN was bad, in more words.

i said the game, as a whole, was "ehh."

I agree. The SC2 campaign was meh, it seem more written by hollywood writers and not gamers.

But the multiplayer was alright.

So is this game worth it or nah?

I loved playing custom maps online like enfos and that strand of the titans or whatever it was called.

I want Diablo 4 to be the greatest game ever. The ultimate mindless grind game (I love brainless shit from time to time).
But they're going to find a way to fuck it up again, won't they?

They will with false advertisement. :p

Have no intention on buying Reforged, as I own the original WC3 & FT and there’s no way Blizz could remake that, but I hate hearing what’s going on with the game.

Yeah but hasn´t Blizz killed all the WC3 original servers so it´s only possible to play reforged online?

Yeah but hasn´t Blizz killed all the WC3 original servers so it´s only possible to play reforged online?

Yeah, but the PTR is still up for whatever its worth. I haven't checked netease but you can probably play there.

Back