War Room OT Discussion v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo incoming

JudoThrows is one of the very few right wingers who always concedes points where he feels the right gets it wrong, who listens to evidence and reason, and who admits that most of his beliefs are based on self-interest rather than moral or policy superiority. I hate his views a lot but I really like him. LI is crazy but tries to be a good person sometimes. GSM is amoral as fuck and dumber than a slug on a shit-covered sandal.

Check out the "disgrace duel" thread for easily, without doubt, the dumbest and most frustrating (ongoing from previous threads) exchange I have ever had on this board. It's almost impossible for me to believe someone can be so terminally stupid. As you can probably infer, he's the one that I legitimately think has an intellectual/learning disability. And I hate gossiping like a bunch of hens, but it's what it is.

Last edited:
This convo is like listening in on the cheerleaders in high school that I wanted to bend over a car hood....

giphy.gif

I didn't catch the card tonight. Lotta people saying Anders got robbed. What did you think?

While I was hoping to see Machida lose, and though he seemed to take the harder shots and got gashed, looked to me like he did enough to win. Thought he landed a clear majority of strikes and pretty much controlled the fight. If a judge wanted to give Anders the middle rounds I wouldn't complain though.

While I was hoping to see Machida lose, and though he seemed to take the harder shots and got gashed, looked to me like he did enough to win. Thought he landed a clear majority of strikes and pretty much controlled the fight. If a judge wanted to give Anders the middle rounds I wouldn't complain though.

Sounds like a tough one to call, I know Anders is a solid up and comer but I'm kinda surprised Machida wasn't able to put him away. Seems like he's been declining hard the past few years.

Sounds like a tough one to call, I know Anders is a solid up and comer but I'm kinda surprised Machida wasn't able to put him away. Seems like he's been declining hard the past few years.

Was a steady diet of kicks and the occasional flurry. Anders was looking for the heavy counters. Just got outworked in my view.

Was a steady diet of kicks and the occasional flurry. Anders was looking for the heavy counters. Just got outworked in my view.

Sounds like a typical Machida fight. Gonna have to go scoure the interwebs for a mirror of the fight now.

I thought Machida lost, but honestly it was too boring for me to pay too close of attention to so maybe I’m wrong. Machida was running the majority of the fight as usual.

Someone make a v5 linking this thread in the OP.

Check out the "disgrace duel" thread for easily, without doubt, the dumbest and most frustrating (ongoing from previous threads) exchange I have ever had on this board. It's almost impossible for me to believe someone can be so terminally stupid. As you can probably infer, he's the one that I legitimately think has an intellectual/learning disability. And I hate gossiping like a bunch of hens, but it's what it is.

That's another guy I ignore. But I don't think you're right that deregulation and tax breaks always or generally provide a short-term boost to a healthy economy. Getting rid of some regs can help growth, though probably not in the short run as much. Tax cuts would only be expected to have an impact in an unhealthy economy (since they'd provide a boost to demand--and I'd think a "healthy" economy is one that isn't demand-constrained; boosting demand now would just cause interest rates to rise).

It's a minor quibble that's separate from the well-illustrated main point, but it's just striking to see that error from you. Really indicates how deeply ingrained some errors are in the media. Even someone with the username "Trotsky" who identifies as far left accepts long-discredited claims like that without thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back