War Room Lounge v56: Distributed Denial of Threadstarting Attacks

What did you do during the great DDoS of 2019?

• Sat holding my knees in the corner, shaking myself into a catatonic peace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Visited an offshoot and laughed at pictures of banned posters

• *was not actually a DDoS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the reason most of the northeastern US is blue is because that’s where a lot of the major cities are (NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, etc), and enough people live in those cities to offset the red voters?

So the northeast is blue because it has more Dems than Republicans?

Interesting... I wonder if there have been any studies on this

I was working at a Metal label and mailorder in 1993 when that wave of Black Metal really broke. Even being a huge fan of Venom, Bathory, Celtic Frost, etc, it never resonated with me. At the time I was all about Neurosis, Melvins, Eyehategod, Sleep, Buzzoven, etc.

I did try to get the label to sign this band, after hearing this album. The owners thought all the corpsepaint shit was stupid. I couldn't really argue.

I've heard from Varg that the corpsepaint shit was pushed by some labels to appeal to the 13 year old boy demographics because that's the demographics that buys metal music the most. Older people listen to it but prefer to spend their money drinking.
I think that is because of the frontier experience in the US. You wouldn't want to take the elderly out to the middle of nowhere so it seems that more often than not it was nuclear families heading out West. With the seemingly endless supply of land westward as soon as you were old enough to work the land why not move out and claim your own and settle your(nuclear) family on it? Of course eventually the frontier ended but I think it was around long enough to engender a certain view of the family that emphasized the autonomy of the nuclear family.
Maybe that's true into the west expansion but many of the founding fathers themselves lived on multigenerational homes. Thomas Jefferson lived with a lot of other Jeffersons and probably the black jeffersons are not directly descended from him btw.
I think it's a great idea but now how some people picture it. I don't think the African model where a bunch of people live together and every adult male is your father and every adult female is your mother is a good model. It sounds weird but some people in West Africa live like that and I've even posted an excerpt about this in a thread.
What I envision would be people living closeby like neighbors and maybe your grandparents living with you once they're too old instead of shipping them to an asylum, or as they call it nowadays, a retirement home.

Or how about public health and safety? Alcohol consumption only gets a pass because of how ingrained in our culture it is. If we lived in a parallel universe where alcohol was discovered in the 70s there's no doubt in my mind it'd be considered among the worst drugs.
Well I absolutely agree about the public health and safety. I think it is considered one of the “worst” drugs. But in case you didn’t notice the western world is going the opposite direction of prohibition when it comes to harmful substances.

Anyway, our discussion was about religious prohibition, right? Usually alcohol is prohibited on religious grounds, even in the US prohibition was a Protestant movement.

Anyway anybody watching the fights today?

Hawaii lanakila nō mākou

I've heard from Varg that the corpsepaint shit was pushed by some labels to appeal to the 13 year old boy demographics because that's the demographics that buys metal music the most. Older people listen to it but prefer to spend their money drinking.

I'm sure many labels did push it. And I'll give Mayhem the credit for it becoming popularized enough to reach that point.

If the band dudes' faces were white and they were from Scandanavia then we'd be going through 30-lot boxes like nothing. We'd get these monster shipments in from Nuclear Blast and Peaceville. People had to have whatever Osmose Productions put out. Then in 1994 the bigger fish like Century Media came in to scoop bands up. Coincidentally, the only band I ever liked at the time on their label was Eyehategod. Boy was I bummed when they signed there.

I'm sure many labels did push it. And I'll give Mayhem the credit for it becoming popularized enough to reach that point.

If the band dudes' faces were white and they were from Scandanavia then we'd be going through 30-lot boxes like nothing. We'd get these monster shipments in from Nuclear Blast and Peaceville. People had to have whatever Osmose Productions put out. Then in 1994 the bigger fish like Century Media came in to scoop bands up. Coincidentally, the only band I ever liked at the time on their label was Eyehategod. Boy was I bummed when they signed there.

How are you Mr. SHvcuahr;h97ervagrhlafbvalvbygvyla ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back