War Room Lounge v50: I'm Gonna Ask you a Poll Question, and I Want it Answered Immediately!

Favorite Ahnold movies? List ends at 2002. (Pick up to 5)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FamousSplendidFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

Honestly how are there votes outside of these two? I'll give a pass to T1 voters (they're wrong but I love the movie) but nothing else.
Because I have 5 votes so I'm going to use all 5 (probably the same way everyone else votes).

Well you can vote for five. If I could only vote for one I’d go Predator.
@Fawlty tricked you. The right answer is to stop after two votes. You failed lol.

But you redeemed yourself because Predator is the right answer.

Fun fact about T2: originally, Arnold being the good guy actually trying to protect John Connor was supposed to be a surprise twist. Cameron's intent was to make it seem as if the T1000 was the good guy up until the motorocycle rescue, but the studio gave it away in the trailers.
God damn it that would have made the movie even better. Fucking Hollywood execs.

Fun fact about T2: originally, Arnold being the good guy actually trying to protect John Connor was supposed to be a surprise twist. Cameron's intent was to make it seem as if the T1000 was the good guy up until the motorocycle rescue, but the studio gave it away in the trailers.
Do you think people preferred knowing? Many trailers/previews today unambiguously give away the plot, including major twists and resolutions. The worst I saw was the theater preview for the adaptation of 'Inferno.' Every single plot point spoiled including the very ending twist. I guess it must be more profitable.

Do you think people preferred knowing? Many trailers/previews today unambiguously give away the plot, including major twists and resolutions. The worst I saw was the theater preview for the adaptation of 'Inferno.' Every single plot point spoiled including the very ending twist. I guess it must be more profitable.
Surprisingly, as a action movie, other than some badass fight scenes the John Wick 3 trailers didn't give a whole ton away. Granted it's a fucking action movie but like 3 major plot points for that movie were NO WHERE in the trailers.

I'm not familiar with Inferno. For T2, I can imagine the studio did the math and came to the conclusion that letting everyone know Arnold was the good guy this time around would generate a lot of buzz, which it did at the time. I'm not sure how much of the movie you could even show in trailers without giving that secret away since it happens so early in the movie.

Surprisingly, as a action movie, other than some badass fight scenes the John Wick 3 trailers didn't give a whole ton away. Granted it's a fucking action movie but like 3 major plot points for that movie were NO WHERE in the trailers.
AH! no spoilers, I haven't seen it yet

I'm sure that extensive market research shows that audiences prefer...blah blah blah. It sucks.

I remember watching the movie thinking "why did they film it as if he is the bad guy since we know he isn't!". It's kind of mind boggling that they blew a twist like that in the trailer. I think they could have made an awesome trailer showing T1000 as the good guy, Arny as the assassin and the two fighting.

AH! no spoilers, I haven't seen it yet
I ain't posting any spoilers. Some of the Easter Eggs in it are fucking top tier too so keep an eye for those.

GAH!!!! MUST POST THE TRAILER AGAIN CAUSE I WANT TO WATCH IT AGAIN

When I say the trailers didn't give a whole ton away... storywise they basically gave nothing away. Action scene-wise they gave some away but there's no way you couldn't in that movie.

One of the bad guys from the first Raid movie (the creepy dude with the long stringy hair) is in it and his fight scene in Wick is even better than The Raid.

I'm not familiar with Inferno. For T2, I can imagine the studio did the math and came to the conclusion that letting everyone know Arnold was the good guy this time around would generate a lot of buzz, which it did at the time. I'm not sure how much of the movie you could even show in trailers without giving that secret away since it happens so early in the movie.
I think they could have been really cheeky and kept the secret, but kind of given it away. Make the trailer short, leave in the part where the detectives figure out the Terminator is coming back, get Linda Hamilton's reaction, and finally show that there is another model of Terminator but don't put it in context. Then as the screen goes to black, Arnold says "Come with me if you want to live." And then leave the audience going wtf?! But don't explicitly acknowledge it.

1 John Wick 3 spoiler. Pupper survives. @Higus

And I'm serious, keep an eye out for Easter Eggs it's fucking great. Other movies, TV shows (super popular ones too), and even video games.

I didn't like John Wick 3. I thought 2 went as deep into the secret society lore as it could before it started to detract from the film then 3 said "fuck all that". The action was phenomenal as always but at some point I got tired of it.

I like Keanu (who doesn't, right?) but being a chill dude doesn't 100% excuse nonexistent acting ability.

I didn't like John Wick 3. I thought 2 went as deep into the secret society lore as it could before it started to detract from the film then 3 said "fuck all that". The action was phenomenal as always but at some point I got tired of it.

I like Keanu (who doesn't, right?) but being a chill dude doesn't 100% excuse nonexistent acting ability.
I think 3 is a set up film.

The way Winston shoots him he shoots him in one of the most heavily protected spots of his suit. Bowry King is still alive. The whole thing was a set up film for Wick to burn down the high table.

The middle finger to Fishburne's character was stellar too

Also, you watched Wick for story? Bro, PRETTY sure most people that are huge fans of the series go to get a violence boner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back