• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social War Room Lounge 317: Who's your da.. uh accountability partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to be fair, it's mostly a component of desert for me, but speaking of Japanese green tea in general, it's great post-meal as a palate cleanser, digestive, and ever-so-gentle pick me up to combat the sleepiness of a full tummy, plus of course any time you might benefit from those qualities.

I like dark roast coffee, and fairly strong at that, similar to my preference for dark chocolate. Aside from tasting good, it's supposed to hit hard and warm you up from head to toe, leaving you "ready for action" as it were, or skipping the hyperbole, feeling alert and fresh during an active workday. Edit: there are only certain foods that really go well with coffee, like dark chocolate,; it's generally meant to be consumed on its own for me, as is tea.

You didn't ask but in between, during the day, I like plain ol' carbonated water with some lemon or lime juice thrown in*. After the evening meal, I might add something clear from the liquor cabinet in with the water and juice.

It's weirdly hard to find plain ol' soda so I settle for this stuff most of the time,
bubly-lime.jpg

Digressing slightly further, for those times that I need a caffeine boost but not a full on cup of coffee, I have these mints from Japan with caffeine in them,
20121016-e58d88e5898d084703.jpg

Love them and they have lots of other varieties. I like as much variety as I can get when it comes to food and beverages. It makes the world just that much more interesting to me.

*as opposed to Club Soda or Tonic Water
Just get a soda stream. Carbonated water whenever you like

Just get a soda stream. Carbonated water whenever you like
What if I like it at work and that gadget is at home?

But seriously, I get you, I've thought about it; but I am not sure I want to be arsed with consumables and maintenance.

But seriously, I get you, I've thought about it; but I am not sure I want to be arsed with consumables and maintenance.
I don't drink soda anymore since I gave up whiskey. But I got one for the wife and kids. Good way to custom make sugar free drinks for the wee ones.

They love it

Well, to be fair, it's mostly a component of desert for me, but speaking of Japanese green tea in general, it's great post-meal as a palate cleanser, digestive, and ever-so-gentle pick me up to combat the sleepiness of a full tummy, plus of course any time you might benefit from those qualities.

I like dark roast coffee, and fairly strong at that, similar to my preference for dark chocolate. Aside from tasting good, it's supposed to hit hard and warm you up from head to toe, leaving you "ready for action" as it were, or skipping the hyperbole, feeling alert and fresh during an active workday. Edit: there are only certain foods that really go well with coffee, like dark chocolate,; it's generally meant to be consumed on its own for me, as is tea.

You didn't ask but in between, during the day, I like plain ol' carbonated water with some lemon or lime juice thrown in*. After the evening meal, I might add something clear from the liquor cabinet in with the water and juice.

It's weirdly hard to find plain ol' soda so I settle for this stuff most of the time,
bubly-lime.jpg

Digressing slightly further, for those times that I need a caffeine boost but not a full on cup of coffee, I have these mints from Japan with caffeine in them,
20121016-e58d88e5898d084703.jpg

Love them and they have lots of other varieties. I like as much variety as I can get when it comes to food and beverages. It makes the world just that much more interesting to me.

*as opposed to Club Soda or Tonic Water
It’s taken me awhile to find a carbonated water I like. I’ve tried a few including bubbly. I landed on spindrift which has some juice in it. The “nojito” is the best flavor imo. Those waters are great though to drop off soda. I do find I need to put energy shots in them from time to time as a little bit of a sweetener and for the caffeine.

We don't see the icon of the person who started a thread along with a tiny icon to show we posted in a thread. That sucks.
Probably something to do with the server migration that's coming. Not that I know what that's all about, but I've seen it before, where sites get a bit stripped of certain things, before they make a big move, and then they come back. I doubt it's permanent.

On a side note, what happened to Gregolian? Obviously he died, but was he battling something? Some members here seemed to be pretty close with the dude, and I believe a memorial was even set up in his honor. Was it random, or was he in bad shape for a while? If y'all want to leave it a private matter, that's fine. I'm just curious. It's just pretty abrupt at how he was talking about paying off his truck and was heavily active in the forums, and then all of sudden he was gone.

I'd get it because I can control how much fizz the water gets.

I like it to have so much fizz that it burns. It's hard to find a soda like that.

Probably something to do with the server migration that's coming. Not that I know what that's all about, but I've seen it before, where sites get a bit stripped of certain things, before they make a big move, and then they come back. I doubt it's permanent.

On a side note, what happened to Gregolian? Obviously he died, but was he battling something? Some members here seemed to be pretty close with the dude, and I believe a memorial was even set up in his honor. Was it random, or was he in bad shape for a while? If y'all want to leave it a private matter, that's fine. I'm just curious. It's just pretty abrupt at how he was talking about paying off his truck and was heavily active in the forums, and then all of sudden he was gone.
Gregolian had been dealing with issues for a while, but his death caught everyone by surprise.

@Deorum could give you more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
138cfh
Back