Want to gamble on some fights for the fist time ever

Mcnugget

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So if you gamble on fights what is your experience like do you like it do you win what’s a fun strategy you employ

I mean it is going to make it 2x as fun... or 10x worse.

If you don’t go above your head, it’s fine. But when you can’t afford to lose what you bet, honestly it makes the night really shitty if you lose , regardless of how stacked the card is.
I’ve had some really good cards I watched and legit didn’t enjoy them at all because my parlay was done.

Don't do it. These Fight Island cards are jinxed with bad judging and unknown prospects.

I love gambling on the fights. Just stay within your means. I like to think: “okay if I am not spending $100 at the bars/restaurants this weekend, I can use that to gamble, without hurting my bank account”. If I go out and watch the fights, I will bet way less on them, as I am already losing money on the night.

Tonight I’m staying at home, so I have roughly $250 stretched throughout the card. This is more then usually, but I love the odds throughout this card.

Three pieces of advice:

1) Don’t bet with your heart. If you love a fighter, just watch him fight, and don’t put anything on him. Losing makes it that much worse. Winning is a trap

2) Nothing is a sure bet

3) Take your highs in stride. Just because you did well one night, or even a few nights, doesn’t mean it won’t swing the other way. Stay within your means

It can be very stressful. You'll definitely watch the fights differently.
Especially when you add horrible MMA judging to the equation.

If I had done more research on this card and placed bets I would have just told you to place bets on everybody I picked to lose. You definitely would have won money today.

<Fedor23>

What @TITS said. I used to bet on fights (just small time stuff), but honestly there’s way too many variables.

if u value your money dont bet at all

edit: if u dont know what to do with your money put it on amd stock

I just started swing trading the market and I'd like to start betting on the UFC. Fight night would be a helluva lot more interesting. Need additional revenue streams nomsayin?

Stay away from fights where there's a fighter you're a big fan of.

It makes fights more interesting

Don't listen to the broke cowards trying to scare you off from doing it, just dont go beyond you means.

They say don't have s*x, while you're doing ex, because it'll ruin the experience forever if you go back to normal life. It's kinda like fight night for a gambler. If you're a fight fan and you don't have the money to play one day, an underwhelming card can be 2000% less exciting, even if you're a hardcore fan.

But you did get some GREAT advice! "Don't play what you can't afford to lose," I'm not sure it's only 2x more exciting though, depending on how you play, it could 10x more exciting. ;) Just don't be stoOpid!
Underdog lines at bestfightodds.co m are fun to watch, especially once you start understanding how to "play the odds". And how do you wanna bet? Straight betting and parlays are much different, do you wanna just do one or the other or both? It's worth considering.

(Parlays are pickin' 2+ fighters to win, but to win the bet, you must win all fights in your parlay, but what makes that fun is that if you can predict a few fights right on a card, the reward could be 800% your wager. So it's a low risk, high reward way to play) Or you could individually bet on fights, that's how I like to do it. A +250 underdog means that if you bet $100 on him and then he bites, you'll get your bet money back +$250 or 250% your wager.

Last edited:
So if you gamble on fights what is your experience like do you like it do you win what’s a fun strategy you employ
I like to bet a little money, it makes matches more exciting for me. I usually make just a few small bets (3 €3 for instance). I prefer to make one insane parlay that could make €300 or more. The other parlays are 3-4 matches. Now, Im betting on Shogun, Whittaker and Gustavson to win for instance.

Ps. I lose more than i Win, I take too much risk usually:(

Don’t bet more than you’d ever miss. Especially starting out

Honestly just do a $250 signup with 250 bonus cash. Once you’ve bet 250 cash it out so it’s literally free. Have some fun with that remaining money and then make a decision on it it’s something serious you’d like to do

Don't do it. These Fight Island cards are jinxed with bad judging and unknown prospects.

Thats literally been the story of MMA betting since 2015, huge roster, always a revolving door of fighters on the prelims its tough!

When you bet on a fighter to win by tko and they are close to finishing but the ref is letting the opponent be a warrior, that'll change your night.
Betting on mma can basically come down to the decisions of 4 people. The ref and the judges. Too many times iv been burnt by incompetence of those people.

When you bet on a fighter to win by tko and they are close to finishing but the ref is letting the opponent be a warrior, that'll change your night.
Betting on mma can basically come down to the decisions of 4 people. The ref and the judges. Too many times iv been burnt by incompetence of those people.

I really should just stop betting props ever. Nothing stings worse than a guy you bet to win by KO dropping his opponent, and then slapping an easy guillotine or rnc on a dazed and concussed opponent for the win

its hard to say. the worst is seeing someone win and judges giving it a split decision loss. i guess it helps when its the other way around, but i always try to admit who the real winner was, no matter who i bet on.

if you take it as a serious way to make money, there are definitly strategies to consider.... one example for me is try not to gamble on the heavyweights, unless theres a real big underdog play. the big boys hit hard and flash kos are easier to come by.. its not like a flyweight fight where huge punches have a small percentage of koing a guy...

i feel like ppl bet money for fun and excitement... i like to bet money to make money..

Last edited:
I really should just stop betting props ever. Nothing stings worse than a guy you bet to win by KO dropping his opponent, and then slapping an easy guillotine or rnc on a dazed and concussed opponent for the win
hey, dont be so unfair to props. i think most of my money comes from the prop plays

Back