Wang Sai released by UFC after victory?

mattandbenny

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
TUF China finalist Wang Sai is 1-1 in the UFC - First losing to Lipeng Zhang via split decision in the TUF China Finale, then following it up with a UD win over Danny Mitchell in his most recent UFC fight in August last year.

But just browsing international fights forthe last month or so and noticed he competed a few weeks ago outside of the UFC for the Kunlun Fight promotion, where he picked up a solid submission win over Vasily Fedorych (17-6).

Would be a very strange move to release one of their only Chinese fighters after a win.... But just as strange to allow one of their fighters to fight for another promotion. Anyone hear anything on this?

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Wang-Sai-47118

I think I read somewhere he was offered a better deal and just jumped ship.

Seems like he jumped ship for some unknown reason.

Probably some promotion like Art of War.. does that organization still exist? lol

Probably some promotion like Art of War.. does that organization still exist? lol

Kunlun Fights is a MMA/Kickboxing promotion that's doing pretty good ratings over in China from what I've read. They're government funded and everything. They've been getting some of the top kickboxers and muay thai fighter on the planet to go fight over there like Simon Marcus, Rico Verhoeven, Andy Souwer, etc.

Don't know if Kunlun does that well ratings-wise, they mostly air in a silly daytime timeslot. They do put on a lot of shows and are on broadcast on a pretty big channel though. Enough content to air 2 fresh hours each and every sunday. They mostly do kickboxing but every show also has MMA fights.

I imagine this is not a bad move at all for a Chinese fighter.

Last edited:
he ended up on the wang sai of that contact

Kunlun Fights is a MMA/Kickboxing promotion that's doing pretty good ratings over in China from what I've read. They're government funded and everything. They've been getting some of the top kickboxers and muay thai fighter on the planet to go fight over there like Simon Marcus, Rico Verhoeven, Andy Souwer, etc.

Heh maybe I should read the full post of TS.. :redface:

Huh that's actually really impressive. Good for them.

he ended up on the wang sai of that contact

19U3i.gif

i think the simon marcus and chinaman fight has to be fixed. im sure he got paid well to let that chinaman beat his ass

Back