Wand is done

mma_genius

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He will be 38 on July 3, is 4-7 in his last 11 fights, and has not fought in 15 months.

Its a shame his career might be ending by ducking Chael Sonnen.

He will also be cut today, and end his UFC run by entering the Hall Of Shame.

wand will keep fighting til his 40's, one way or another.

As long as Wand keeps putting on awesome fights and keeps beating decent opponents, he'll keep his job with the UFC.

He's no more done than he was 3 years ago. He's still in the same state as he essentially was after the Rampage KO.

The thing I don't get is that he has not fought in 15 months.

Why not? At this point they are all ufc-rejects.

Wanderlei is in the UFC.

Rampage fought out his contract and opted not to return.

So only Tito is the real one who got pressured out of the UFC.

Hardly UFC rejects.

At the moment, he still has enough of a UFC following to justify his remaining there. Not to mention the fact that many of his followers will never actually believe he was really afraid of Chael. Not sure I do either; I find the idea of Wandy legit being afraid of anything that walks, crawls, flies or swims to be questionable at best.

At the moment, he still has enough of a UFC following to justify his remaining there. Not to mention the fact that many of his followers will never actually believe he was really afraid of Chael. Not sure I do either; I find the idea of Wandy legit being afraid of anything that walks, crawls, flies or swims to be questionable at best.

He doesn't want to get embarrassed after the shit he has talked. He's not afraid of getting hurt.

Thus has been very bad for Wandy but I think he will get another chance mainly cuz he is of the old guard and he puts on exciting fights. At worst he is a name to build on for the younger fighters. He just better not fuck anymore or he is gone.

I still love him and am grateful for his many amazing battles but even in the end it is best to exit gracefully and this is it.

Wanderlei is in the UFC.

Rampage fought out his contract and opted not to return.

So only Tito is the real one who got pressured out of the UFC.

Hardly UFC rejects.

Correct, Wanderlei is still in the UFC. Rampage chose to leave, Tito finished out his contract and left. Not exactly what I would call rejects

He will also be cut today, and end his UFC run by entering the Hall Of Shame.

why should he be cut? cause youre just plain hating? even though he skipped a test and in the chance he might actually test positive for steroids, should the rest of the abusers be cut too? Because if so he wouldnt even have this conversation because he would be fighting Chael.

And honestly im just bummed out because win or loose i wanted to see Chael vs Wand, big fan of both

He's no more done than he was 3 years ago. He's still in the same state as he essentially was after the Rampage KO.
Good point. His low point peaked at losing in round 1 to Leben. He's actually on a bit of a revitalization

he's ducked chael in one way or another four times. and he just blew all the promo generated by TUF since the fight (again) won't happen.

Good point. His low point peaked at losing in round 1 to Leben. He's actually on a bit of a revitalization

ugh, that fight was so rough to watch, as a life long wand fan I don't think theres been a tougher ufc fight to sit thru
But that stann fight showed the type of killer he really is, live by the sword die by the sword

Back