Walt Harris vs Cody East reportedly added to UFC 197

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Via Bloodyelbow.com

Just read this fight announcement while also reading about Cody East' criminal charges, apparently he was found for Dana White's lookin for a fight.

Very happy to see Walt Harris finally get a fight though, hopefully he has the type of performance we've all been wanting to see since he signed.

Card now features -
Daniel Cormier(c) vs Jon Jones
Demetrious Johnson(c) vs Henry Cejudo
Anthony Pettis vs Edson Barboza
Robert Whittaker vs Rafael Natal
Yair Rodriguez vs Andre Fili
James Vick vs Glacio Franca
Efrain Escudero vs Kevin Lee
Jessica Aguilar vs Juliana Lima
Walt Harris vs Cody East
Danny Roberts vs Dominique Steele
Marcos Rogerio vs Clint Hester

Roy Nelson vs Derrick Lewis has also been strongly rumored for this card

Walt Harris is 0-3 in the UFC right? Cody East is unproven on the big stage but Harris hasn't exactly done much to make me think he can hang there.

Dat lineup. UFC 197 wanted for killing it.

This card is criminal.

cody east should have a successful UFC debut. i've seen him fight for legacy here in houston and he's talented. we'll see if that translates to the big stage, but he seems to have some skills.

Walt Harris again?? He cant win a fight in the UFC for his life.

BTW... Rafel Natal streaks ends right here. RW is going to demolish him.

That criminal past though, yikes. After reading all that I'm not sure how the UFC ever actually lets him into the octagon. Way too much bad press. You'd figure they would have uncovered all of that prior to signing him though.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...oubled-past-includes-rape-assault-child-abuse

I would have at least thought that the UFC would have thrown him to the wolves. Walt isn't the most successful HW the UFC has in their roster. They are certainlt giving Cody serious "temptation" here.

I predict that he will "steal" the show with a HL reel finish of Walt. I guess this will be Walt's last UFC fight. Walt can go to Bellator and fight "What" Dafug Harris!

They should give Curtis Blaydes his fight instead. Just what UFC needs, more bad press for a guy with violence against women in his past.

That being said 197 is looking sick. 2 title fights including bones return, and a deep card.

Back