Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i stayed and watched the premiere of Fear, not watching it since the season 2 finale and i was impressed.

Glad you liked it, yeah FTWD is definitely the better show at this point.

It’s funny watching them back to back on the same night, you can clearly see the level of care & quality instantly spike up. Even when FTWD was handling some of the same characters.

*And lol at Rick SLASHING Negan's THROAT, and then telling someone to "fix him". lol What kind of secret Wakanda medical technology do they have there? And if the plan was to keep Negan alive, why the fuck would you slash his throat?

Comic Spoiler if you're curious:

Don't know how the show did it, because I just can't watch this shit anymore, but Negan surviving is actually taken from the comics. Rick cheap shots Negan with a knife slash to the throat, then Negan beats the piss out of him until he passes out from blood loss. They patch him up, and throw him in a makeshift prison cell.

They didn't kill him, because they're "better than that"(eye roll), and wanted Negan to suffer by having to watch the community thrive without him, and regret all the shit he did, because he'll never be allowed to be a part of it.

Get ready for dirty long haired hobo Negan in a cell, if they're following that story line.

How to make the Walking Dead great again - have the zombies evolve to fast running zombies (like in many movies since). At least it could bring back to what this show was all about from the beginning, a zombie apocalypse where zombies actually mattered.

The Running Dead sounds good to me.

The show needs more fist fights between Rick and Negan. Rick should also carry less ammo and always run headlong into situations without backup, to ensure said fist fights. 1st episode next year, Rick sends entire community out to scavenge for supplies, while he stays behind to teach Negan the finer points of gardening.

Don't know how the show did it, because I just can't watch this shit anymore, but Negan surviving is actually taken from the comics. Rick cheap shots Negan with a knife slash to the throat, then Negan beats the piss out of him until he passes out from blood loss. They patch him up, and throw him in a makeshift prison cell.

They didn't kill him, because they're "better than that"(eye roll), and wanted Negan to suffer by having to watch the community thrive without him, and regret all the shit he did, because he'll never be allowed to be a part of it.

Get ready for dirty long haired hobo Negan in a cell, if they're following that story line.

Nothing happens to Rick in the show...he slashes Negan's throat, Negan says some corny ass shit while bleeding out, Rick preaches more melodramatic garbage to the crowd and then tells Siddiq to heal him LOL.

I wish they followed the comic with Negan beating the shit out of Rick before passing out.

I actually read the comics up to about where they're letting Negan out to help fight the Whisperers or something. So yea, im not looking forward to watching Negan locked up and trading sob stories with Rick and crew for another season
I didn't remember Rick slitting his throat in the comic though.
It just looked stupid in the show because he had obviously planned to take him alive, so why go for his throat? His side had won. They had all the guns

The first season of Fear was mediocre.
The second season was probably worse.
The third season is when Fear really came into it's own, and the premiere for S4 was good in setting up both the new characters and Morgan's crossover.

Cheers for the information. I watched the first series for about 4 or so episodes and decided it was a crock. I might give it another go now.

He looked like a hobo on the talking dead so...:

Yep, they didn't kill negan in the comics too

At some point..I think you have to fuck off from the bullshit comics.

Fucking Darl is is there and he hasn't been in any of the comics.

I said its obvious they will do it because Gabe said he was making them that way and will not back down if Eugene puts him back in the assembly line he said he will continue to make them faulty, so Eugene hears its a trap and then puts Gabe back in the line, its weird that nobody would think that was going to happen it was easy to predict that would happen.

What are you, Einstein?

Negan getting his throat slashed was silly how the hell did he live his main artery was slashed and they talked for 3 minutes after, you cant patch someone up like that and have him live without a blood transfusion all his blood was flowing out of his neck

Welcome to make believe.

Last two or so episodes, they had a fucking zombie fall down the stairs without waking no cunt, who should be like sleepers after what happened sleeping at the bottom.. Fiction.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't hate the episode.

Eugene's exploding bullets....ya I was a bit surprised HOW it happened but was glad it wasn't some secret Oceanside snipers or some new group from the comicss or some bullshit snipers. And it didn't kill all the Saviors, just scared them and made them surrender b/c they didn't have working weapons.

Negan could have survived that wound. I'm not sure why everyone is saying he couldn't. The carotid arteries are located more on the sides of your neck. Rick sliced Negan in the front. Which would bleed but not bleed out quickly like the carotid artery would.

The setup for Maggie to betray Rick and Michonne is a bit far fetched but they need drama next seasons. And never piss off a woman....especially one who is supposed to be pregnant. She's gonna hold a grudge against Negan for killing Glenn until she gets her revenge.

Daryl honestly has no part in the show anymore and is just there for the fans I guess. I liked he let Dwight go, though I think we all knew that would happen.

I haven't watched FTWD but it looks good!! And showing the huge heard at the end of TWD was clearly a setup for something in the comics that I don't want to spoil.

So ya, I enjoyed it, and I REALLY am glad the Saviors story is done at this point. It went on long enough. I miss Simon though.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't hate the episode.

Eugene's exploding bullets....ya I was a bit surprised HOW it happened but was glad it wasn't some secret Oceanside snipers or some new group from the comicss or some bullshit snipers. And it didn't kill all the Saviors, just scared them and made them surrender b/c they didn't have working weapons.

Negan could have survived that wound. I'm not sure why everyone is saying he couldn't. The carotid arteries are located more on the sides of your neck. Rick sliced Negan in the front. Which would bleed but not bleed out quickly like the carotid artery would.

The setup for Maggie to betray Rick and Michonne is a bit far fetched but they need drama next seasons. And never piss off a woman....especially one who is supposed to be pregnant. She's gonna hold a grudge against Negan for killing Glenn until she gets her revenge.

Daryl honestly has no part in the show anymore and is just there for the fans I guess. I liked he let Dwight go, though I think we all knew that would happen.

I haven't watched FTWD but it looks good!! And showing the huge heard at the end of TWD was clearly a setup for something in the comics that I don't want to spoil.

So ya, I enjoyed it, and I REALLY am glad the Saviors story is done at this point. It went on long enough. I miss Simon though.

Simon was unceremonoiusly dispatched atleast have Rick chop him with an Axe!

I've watched the first 2 episodes of S8. So far I've not been impressed. Is the entire season based around 2 groups of people shooting at each other from behind cars 10 yards apart and not dying?

I've watched the first 2 episodes of S8. So far I've not been impressed. Is the entire season based around 2 groups of people shooting at each other from behind cars 10 yards apart and not dying?
Yes

OK. I'll give it one more episode and that's it. The show seems to have gone to shit. I'm surprised it hasn't been cancelled.
You can skip the entire season and just watch the finale. Save yourself some anguish.

It’s been a while since I read it but I believe:

Rick tells Negan when he slashes his throat that he has two choices: surrender and they save his life, or die. Didn’t Negan give up then? I can’t remember.

It’s been a while since I read it but I believe:

Rick tells Negan when he slashes his throat that he has two choices: surrender and they save his life, or die. Didn’t Negan give up then? I can’t remember.

He gives him the option after slashing his throat, but Negan just tackles him and starts kicking the shit out of him. The groups let them fight it out, and I think Negan breaks Rick's leg before he passes out. When Negan goes down, one of Negan's group who was working as a mole for Rick's group, tells them all to surrender, because Negan has fallen.

Dwight's gonna find his wife and she's gonna be Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back