Vontaze Burfict (NFL): Dirty foot locks on the gridiron?

SBJ

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
From: http://deadspin.com/vontaze-burfict-is-back-to-committing-post-play-misdeme-1645592298

Vontaze Burfict Is Back To Committing Post-Play Misdemeanors

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict, whose college career consisted of spectacular plays punctuated by pugilism (sometimes against his own teammates) and who has at least once in his pro career delivered that most unkind of love taps is again accused of playing the heel after yesterday's game against Carolina.

Or playing the ankle, as the case may be. Several tipsters told us to check out Burfict's antics on two Panthers scoring plays yesterday, and it indeed appears that he twice went after Carolina players' injured legs.

The first instance came in the third quarter, after Cam Newton's touchdown:

ldu2hlnebg14xunn0b3l.gif

And the second, after Greg Olson scored in the fourth:

lm2b9zzcsle3trxsgoju.gif

uhoitfifv5txt8dabkz4.gif

Both players are recovering from ankle and foot injuries. Burfict wasn't flagged for either offense, though Panthers players certainly noticed what he was up to..

I wonder if Vontaze Burfict trains Jiu-Jitsu, Sambo or CACC in the off season? :icon_chee

I'll start watching NFL when they start pulling single leg x

Pretty dirtbag move, but it's nothing compared to what happens in rugby. People snapping fingers like sticks and cleating dudes in the face

Looks like he tried to throw his leg over for the reap on Olsen. Next time.

That sucks. Shitty moves, guys can't even tap.

Very shitty. Needs to be punished as severely as possible and new rules likely need to go into effect immediately.

Not very familiar with rugby (lived in US my whole life) but football can be dirty with fingers being snapped, eye gouges inside helmets, etc. Occurs most frequently when the two teams really hate each other and probably main reason (above managing game tempo) refs try to quickly get players up from pileups.

He needs to work on his technique. No control on the leg whatsoever.

I noticed this in a highlight video of his dirty plays. Motherfucker was diving for leg locks like Paul Harris and then cranking them. And unlike MMA fighters, football players aren't expecting them, aren't training for them, and don't have a chance to tap. It's no wonder that this piece of shit has consistently been voted as the dirtiest player in the league by fellow players.

I loved it when my boy JuJu Smith-Schuster, as a rookie, busted his ass last season.

More players need to play a lot of retribution football.

Back