Volkanovski's resume

Screams of a poster who didn't watch the main event, and just checked the results to see a decision outcome. Your loss.

I watched it, it was a good fight, but I'm not interested in his future fights.

Volk does have some boring fights at times but last night's wasn't one.
I'll give you the Aldo fight was dull, other then that don't say either Max fight was, he had a banger of a fight with Ortega, he knocked out Mendes, brutalized the Damage and finished Kennedy. That's his last 7 fights bud, and one of them admittedly was a largely dull affair.

I'll give you the Aldo fight was dull, other then that don't say either Max fight was, he had a banger of a fight with Ortega, he knocked out Mendes, brutalized the Damage and finished Kennedy. That's his last 7 fights bud, and one of them admittedly was a largely dull affair.
OK "Bud". Fucking idiot.

Can't even recognize people that agree with them.

<LikeReally5>

OK "Bud". Fucking idiot.

Can't even recognize people that agree with them.

<LikeReally5>
Lol calm down you lil angry fella I was disputing the notion that he'd had boring fights, as I said yeah he's had one in recent memory.

Lol calm down you lil angry fella I was disputing the notion that he'd had boring fights, as I said yeah he's had one in recent memory.
Well there are others that aren't exactly exciting fights that I can see might be seen as boring by some. He isn't the most flashy exciting fighter but I don't think he's boring either. He's kinda like Usman in a lot of ways as far as excitement level goes. He just dominates people and generally, there might be a moment or two that is interesting.

This last fight was exciting because Ortega threw in some great sub attempts and Volk was able to work his way out of them. Without that it would have been a one sided pounding with nothing interesting besides one dud getting pounded to a pulp.

That said, i would watch every Volk fight I have a chance to.

Well there are others that aren't exactly exciting fights that I can see might be seen as boring by some. He isn't the most flashy exciting fighter but I don't think he's boring either. He's kinda like Usman in a lot of ways as far as excitement level goes. He just dominates people and generally, there might be a moment or two that is interesting.

This last fight was exciting because Ortega threw in some great sub attempts and Volk was able to work his way out of them. Without that it would have been a one sided pounding with nothing interesting besides one dud getting pounded to a pulp.

That said, i would watch every Volk fight I have a chance to.
There you go bud, some common ground, sure he's not say Gaethje, but Aldo aside he's been in excellent fights. Relax and drink em if you've got em. Have a good evening/morning whatever time of day it is States side lad.

He wins because he plays it safe (boring). This last fight was exciting because Ortega was going for the finish and gassed himself out.
You don't think Volkanovski went for the finish in that fight? Buddy if that's the case you don't know fighting.

How many wins does he need before you admit he’s the greatest?
they don't care who u beat it's how many B level fighters u beat in a fight regulated by the promotion for a trophy belt to sell more PPV

You don't think Volkanovski went for the finish in that fight? Buddy if that's the case you don't know fighting.

He went for the finish after Ortega gassed from the sub attempts. It would have been another uneventful fight if it wasn't for Ortega. Volkanovski is a point fighter. He wins but I'm not interested in his style.

He went for the finish after Ortega gassed from the sub attempts. It would have been another uneventful fight if it wasn't for Ortega. Volkanovski is a point fighter. He wins but I'm not interested in his style.
Think we're just going around the same point now so I won't bother replying again but to reiterate your loss, tbf you'd join plenty of other casuals and weirdos on the board who say shit like they don't like watching midgets etc fight who miss out on a plethora of absolutely amazing fights.

Hallways are scary to be fair.

Holloway lost both fights.
Volk won 1-3 in the first and 3-5 in the second. Hard to argue with the striking differentials. They were competitive fights though and they'll probably fight again.
Don’t bring up statistics, they aren’t relevant at all to the scoring criteria.

Impact is what is used.

Halloway fights weren’t good
Two guy's going toe to toe, skill for skill to me both were great fights. You didn't appreciate Max's adjustments in the 2nd fight, or Volk's adjustments mid fight when he'd been soundly beaten over the course of the first 2 rounds? Were they say car crash style fights like Gaethje's no but it was two technical chess matches between pretty clearly the best two FWs on the planet. Each to their own though.

If he's not the FW GOAT, he's not far from it.

I'm a big advocate for the value of title runs, but 10-0 and beating all the toughest competition is hard to deny.

everyone’s a fricking goat now after 1-2 title defences apparently, i get that the sport is young and legacies are being forged but it’s so preemptive. the man has 2 title defences.

he fought decent competition but his run to the title was nothing spectacular, he fought diminished versions of aldo and mendes and is 1-1 with prime max.

let’s see him defend his title dominantly for 5 years before we call him that.

Don’t bring up statistics, they aren’t relevant at all to the scoring criteria.

Impact is what is used.
You don't know what you are talking about. Impact is subjective. It is a part of "effective striking" but it is only half the story. The other half is volume of strikes. And impact isn't judged strike for strike, its judged on the round as a whole. Who's striking had the greater impact? When there is no clear edge, the tie breaker is the number of strikes.

So you are wrong on multiple accounts. The number of strikes does matter. The statistics measure both the quantity and the quality of strikes (aka sig strikes) and are far less subjective than "impact." The whole reason impact is part of the criteria is so that KD's and other hard shots get more weight in the scoring than your average sig strike. That said, even if you base it entirely on impact and ignore volume, that favors Volk in the Volk/Max fight.

You don't know what you are talking about. Impact is subjective. It is a part of "effective striking" but it is only half the story. The other half is volume of strikes. And impact isn't judged strike for strike, its judged on the round as a whole. Who's striking had the greater impact? When there is no clear edge, the tie breaker is the number of strikes.

So you are wrong on multiple accounts. The number of strikes does matter. The statistics measure both the quantity and the quality of strikes (aka sig strikes) and are far less subjective than "impact." The whole reason impact is part of the criteria is so that KD's and other hard shots get more weight in the scoring than your average sig strike. That said, even if you base it entirely on impact and ignore volume, that favors Volk in the Volk/Max fight.
the cope is real.

i love how now that Volk defended his title, history is being revised by all these salty Australians.

Back